Microsofts Nirvana

Joe C

Golden Master
Microsoft has finally reached the point as to where it can finally charge a monthly fee for it's operating system! The profits will be enormous... they will become a utility just like our phone, electric and gas services!!! Are we not lucky to celebrate this great day!!!
Microsoft 365:
https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/ne...loud-pc-service-is-live-costs-from-24-to-162/
This is just for business today.... but our future for us commoners is already foretold!

That's not fair to charge a fee for something you already own. We pay close to $400 for a Microsoft OS and Microsoft wants to charge a monthly fee? Really? That makes me angry!:mad:

That's not fair to charge a fee for something you already own.
You actually do not get to "own" your version of Windows, The way it is termed is that you simply pay to use it.

All basic Azure stuff.
Today yes and only for business... but do you think in the future in 2029 or at some other point in time M$ will announce that
"Your previous version of xx Windows will not longer be supported and you must buy Windows 365 for a low introductory monthly offer of only...." ? And you have to upgrade because your previous version is not secure!

Last edited:
You actually do not get to "own" your version of Windows, The way it is termed is that you simply pay to use it.

Today yes and only for business... but do you think in the future in 2029 or at some other point in time M$ will announce that
"Your previous version of xx Windows will not longer be supported and you must buy Windows 365 for a low introductory monthly offer of only...." ? And you have to upgrade because your previous version is not secure!
Eh, maybe, maybe not. At this current setup, it's going to die a quick death. This is aimed at enterprise right now and they priced their self into the useless category. They must be feeling pretty confident with those margins but they'll soon realize, Citrix is tested and cheaper.
They'll then take it back to the drawing board, change the price, market it as something new THEN we see if they try making Windows as a service again.

Wait, Joe do you mean Office 365? If so I understand that. Just not to pay nearly $400 for Windows OS alone when it's already paid for and built into your system and to top it all off pay extra for your computer or laptop.

Wait, Joe do you mean Office 365? If so I understand that. Just not to pay nearly $400 for Windows OS alone when it's already paid for and built into your system and to top it all off pay extra for your computer or laptop.
Not office...

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/ne...loud-pc-service-is-live-costs-from-24-to-162/

Also.... a lot of peeps do not buy off the shelf pc's with windows pre-installed.
I've been building my own pc's for more than a decade and a lot of others here also build their own too.
They renamed Office 365 under the same umbrella if it wasn't noticed. I found this out 2 days ago when looking to grab a sub for Azure AD.
PP.... you are correct about that quick death comment...

But not for the same reasons....lol
People flock to free stuff, probably reviewers.

Back
Top Bottom