Microsoft zune

Status
Not open for further replies.
actually the zune is very nice.
i dont think it will take over the loyal ipod market.
but i might consider getting one.
The screen is very crisp, sharp in detail, and smooth with the video playback.

The only beef i got with it.......... No touch wheel like the ipod has to change the volume.

The General said:
I just find this thread a bit biased, as you are clearly a Mac hater, trying to throw the Zune in everyones face, telling us not to throw the iPod in your face. :confused:

Not gunna respond, eh? So the Zune only plays MP3's, WMA and WMV?

uzi9mm said:
actually the zune is very nice.
i dont think it will take over the loyal ipod market.
but i might consider getting one.

The only beef i got with it.......... No touch wheel like the ipod has to change the volume.
I'll second this, especially the part about the screen. Very nice detail on it.

The General said:
Not gunna respond, eh? So the Zune only plays MP3's, WMA and WMV?

That is from the zune site

• The following types of files:
• .wma
• .wmv
• .mp3
• .jpg
• .mp4
• .m4v
• .m4a
• .m4b
• .mov

ya sorry about the abrupt ipod hating hahaha but im just sick of seeing them every where they arent even that special... anyways it plays
WMV (Video)
MPEG-4 (Video)
H.264 (Video)

so yes it does support mpeg-4 dont get all snappy cuz i got off of the computer.

I personally, hate both. The ipod has many features, but I just don't like it lol, mostly becuase it seems that it is the "norm" and that everyone HAS to have an ipod. But other than that, the lack of format types (no WMA? Half my library is in WMA becuase I use napster) and I dislike itunes. Yep its a biased opinion but I really don't care. I mean, of coarse were all gonna back up our favorite company (such as apple, miscrosoft, iriver, creative, etc.) and bash the other, its the way we are. The zune on the other hand looks just as good/bad, I mean, the ipod is good, and if I had the choice, I'd take the ipod becuase of capacity/$ and the zune's 13 hour music battery life kinda makes me cringe being a high school student who listens to music almost all day long (yea I'll prolly go deaf but meh), and that 13 hours is with volume at half, LCD off, normal EQ, 128kbs mp3 format, if played back with LCD and higher bit rate, it would ge say, 10 hours tops. I notice a HUGE battery difference between 128kbs and 320kbs with my iriver, and becuase of this I convert most my music to 192kbs tops, usually 128kbs. Anywho, I personnally love my H10 20gb and U10 512mb iriver players, and everyone is entitled to their own opinion so I'll leave my 2 cents at that.

uzi9mm said:

Both players have the same 320x240 resolution screens. The Zune's being larger only means that the media playing will be blockier than the iPod's. The iPod's screen is actually crisper, sharper in detail, and just as smooth (both 30FPS) when playing video.

Now watch Apple's widescreen iPod around Christmas come and destroy everything else. :D

actually not quite. It's actually 44% larger than a video iPod screen and my sister has a video ipod and my dads zune looks way more crisp when playing videos than that tiny @$$ ipod screen u cant even enjoy a movie on that thing at least on the zune i can see the expressions on their face and stuff.

Maybe you should holding the ipod closer to your face then. Smaller Screen = get closer. I have movies on my ipod and I see no problem with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom