microsoft revaling mouse tec?

esa193

Fully Optimized
Microsoft has a teaser up on their hardware site with the tagline "Say Goodbye to Laser." Most likely a hint regarding the upcoming Sept. 9 Microsoft event, we can only assume that Microsoft has developed an alternative to the near-perfect laser mouse or maybe made a breakthrough in "optical" media. (Well, one of those choices, or they've developed an advanced rail gun/microwave/nuclear technology that the Navy and DARPA will pursue instead of high powered beams of light.)
micromousenew.jpg

Looks like they went public with my old mouse. This is an old post I made long ago on another forum:
That's almost as bad as the time I was playing Unreal Tournament with my prototype nuclear powered mouse with multi-sensor Forward-Looking Infrared (FLIR)/millimeter-wave laser radar automatic target recognition algorithm running in real-time on a state-of-the-art processor. In the heat of battle, I accidentally locked on and fragged two of my neighbors in the next apartment. It wasn't a pretty site. After a lengthy investigation the FBI deemed it accidental and the Air Force confiscated my mouse in the name of national security

Apparently it's just more power-efficient and precise (works better on more surfaces) than laser mice. Nothing to wet yourself over.

Excellent analysis Lac3y. :rolleyes:

Hmm. . .
Microsoft is pleased to announce the launch of a new mouse tracking technology is revolutionary than optical that than lasers. ... Microsoft Bluetrack offers excellent performance and accuracy on most surfaces (raw wood, granite and carpeting included) allowing you to control your computer from anywhere you want. ... This mouse is ideal for notebooks for its small size. Its elegant design, the blue luminescence and metal finishing side will give an exclusive style. Accurate and fast, is rechargeable through the appropriate base.

Back
Top Bottom