Microsoft Opens Surface Preorders

SmogHog

Solid State Member
Microsoft Surface preorders open: $499 for 32GB, $599 inc Touch Cover

Microsoft's Surface tablet has shown up for preorder in the US, with the Windows RT slate priced from $499 and set to go on sale on October 26. The listing at Microsoft's official store gives three Surface RT options, starting with the 32GB model with no cover for the same price as a 16GB new iPad, then rising to $599 for the 32GB version with a black Touch Cover.

The final option is the $699 64GB Surface RT, which also comes with a black Touch Cover. Those covers are also sold separately, at $119.99 apiece, and will be available in five different colors: white, red, black, blue, and pink.

Microsoft will also be offering the Surface Type Cover, which has a more traditional keyboard for those doing greater amounts of text entry. It's priced at $129.99, and apparently only available in black.

Microsoft Surface preorders open: $499 for 32GB, $599 inc Touch Cover - SlashGear

It will be interesting to see if this product is successful.

I really enjoy my tablet for a multitude of reasons, but would have no interest in the M$ Surface Tablet.

Not only that, but it's priced $100 to $150 higher than competing very high quality 32GB tablets, so the price point doesn't work for me either.

Back
Top Bottom