Microsoft IE Internet Hole

FIrefox is great, but unfortunately it locks up on me at random times and I'm forced to shut it down. IE on the other hand never gave me problems. That's why I'm so glad that IE7 will have Firefox features. Now we'll be having the best of two worlds. To me, IE is one of the best web browser you can use. Just do a Microsoft Update and you'll be fine. There are so many security patches for IE6, so we know a lot of care is being put into it.

Firefox isn't bad, but definately not the best. Now that everyone can get a taste of Internet Explorer 7, it's obvious Firefox 2.0 has definately lost a lot of glamour. I've read reviews on the Firefox 2.0 Beta, and some of the features are easily done with extensions for Firefox 1.5 and the UI has hardly changed.

I like Firefox. They have both IE and Firefox on the PC's here at Auburn. I always use Firefox in the lab, cause IE is so much slower on the older computers. Firefox seems to work better on those antiques.

Most of our school computers just have Internet Explorer. Some of the Computer Labs have Firefox for special reasons, like for Java Programming or Computer Science AP etc.

all browsers have bugs in it. i'm running IE7, i could seriously care less what browser im using as long as it brings me to websites. i don't like firefox because there are too many plug ins and its annoying to download them so blah to them.

The plug-ins are fine, but I could easily live without them. One thing I definately want in a browser is tabs. It's just so much easier to open some tabs than having several pages open. :) Which is why I applaud Microsoft for doing such a great job with Internet Explorer 7. They've fixed so many things, and improved a ton of things along with it, not to mention the neat UI change. :)

they may have fixxed most of the bugs in their browser, but i have to say they bit alot from Firefoxes ideas..i like firefox better myself.

alvino said:
Most of our school computers just have Internet Explorer. Some of the Computer Labs have Firefox for special reasons, like for Java Programming or Computer Science AP etc.
My school just uses the ancient Mozilla suite. :p

Back
Top Bottom