Microsoft Confirms Holiday Release For Windows 7

I think I'm going to wait until the release. I never got Vista, but if this is as good as people say, it may be worth the upgrade.

Plus, Apple Ipods are not known everywhere, or are known as the king everywhere. Cowan I-Audio players are rather high on people's lists in Japan, etc I believe, and do offer better sound quality than an Ipod ever can (fact)

You're going to love what you can now do on the 7 Release Candidates while waiting for the final release. :D Here I had to wipe the XP drive for the 32bit 7 RC while having the 64bit on the main drive. Now look at how XP found a way back on through the latest beta for Virtual PC!

image.php

XP emulation? Does that mean that some games won't work on 7 then?
I wonder if speeds will be the same?... Has anyone tested this?

I got the same games running on 7 that ran on XP but not seeing one or two go onto Vista! That includes a few that are 98 compatible as well. The backward compatibility as well as 32bit emulation is superior in 7.

So if you are serious about moving up from XP at some time soon you won't have to wait too much longer for 7 by the way things are progressing. If you have an extra drive or space for a second partition the RCs will be available until June 30th for a good look over and once activated will run until 6/1/2010.

32-bit emulation wow.

Does that mean that i can finally download 32-bit only virus protection that i payed for?

I wonder if speeds will be the same?... Has anyone tested this?

I've been running on windows 7 RC 64bit for 3 weeks and i play crysis on high and i get 43fps avg (36fps vista 32bit... and theres probably such a big difference in fps because i play crysis in 64bit now and it uses twice the ram. 32bit: 949mb 64bit: 1,789mb) I even overclock my bfg 9600gt with evga precision in windows 7 (i confirm the clocks are set via gpu-z) and i've never seen any artifacts and OCCT doesnt see any errors. so yeah windows 7 rc is pretty stable man

64-bit on RAID 0 her.e I juste traded my E8400 to a 7750 Black Edition. I'm happy I can use Phenom IIs in there too.

Anyways, Windows 7, to be released at that time is great for shipping, but like said, Acer is releasing them in october with 7 in them. Well, it's a great point to say to people wanting new PCs to wait til there. Anyways, will it hurt anyone to wait a couple more months?

Back
Top Bottom