Microphone problems

julezt

Solid State Member
Ok i finally got my microphone working so i can talk to others online while i game. I play mostly first person shooters so the need for a microphone is pretty high to be a team player.

Im not sure if most of you are familiar with Ventrillo or Teamspeak. They are communication by microphone so you can connect to a server and speak with team mates or friends or whatever it might be. Im having a problem to which when i play my video game *first person shooter called Call of Duty* And i hold my button down to talk. The people who are in the server with me say all they hear are very loud sound effects of the game i am playing.

I proceeded to turn down the game to very very low but still they said they heard the sound effects of the game perfect and my voice was very quiet. The only solution i have found so far is totally muting my call of duty game. If there are any solutions you guys/gals could help me with i would be very appreciated.

~Julian

hmmm... microphones are always this sort of problem. maybe if you could somehow move the microphone farther from your speakers or something.
you might also want to consider getting a headset, I have never used one to be honest but i have heard that they are much better for things like that. :)

Yea hey do this. Make sure your mic isn't set for line in I believe it is. When it is it will play W/E is coming out of your speakers.

My mic is plugged into the the pink microphone hole, how do i turn off line in or can i get something as to what to do to fix this.

that isn't the problem nik, he says that they can hear some of his voice, aswell as the game sounds.
it is a strange thing though

I talked to the company that made my computer custom and there only suggestion was them replacing a new sound card =-\

no.. that does not sound right. I doubt that there is a problem with your sound card, although it is possible.

what type do you have?

Not too sound completely stupid...but i will probably be anyways
where can i found out what type of sound card i have

Back
Top Bottom