Micro SDHC Classes

Status
Not open for further replies.

MindoverMaster

Golden Master
Does anyone know the class numbers? What's the difference between 2, 4, 6, and 10? I am looking at getting an 8GB, or possibly 16GB for my Transformer. I currently have a 4GB Class 4 in there and seems to be working fine. I had a 8GB Class 4, but I think it is bad, because it wouldn't detect it 100% of the time.

I would probably get it from Newegg or SuperMediaStore.

What about the read speeds? How would that matter for my Transformer? Would it just "write slower", or is there some other factor?

there are no standards for read speed as far as i know. but most flash memory is quick these days anyways. just test out the 4gb you have with crystaldisk mark if you wish. I believe there are free flash memory benchmark tools on the android market too if you wish to test it out on your transformer. I would guess you'd hit close to 20 MBps read speeds on USB 2.0

people are mostly concerns with write speed for their camcorders and cameras. when you record or shoot at 1080p or raw, the bandwidth required is substantial.

do you think you'll ever do something that requires above 4 MBps (320 Mbps) write speeds? if yes, buy a class 6.

Your camera manufacturer should have a webpage all about whats requires for what.
My camera recommends class 4 or above, but to record a video in 720 I need 9mbps+.
There are no class 9 cards, so I need a class 10. You also want error correction when you get a memory card for your camera.
I tested my class 10 and it came out to be 17mbps.
AFAIK there is no class above 10. Many manufacturers guarantee that their class 10 writes above 10mbps.

@Fat.Clown - not likely.

@Ghost- I don't think my Transformer will need to record video.

So, at best, I guess I should just use Class 4, as is the norm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom