Memtest86+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wayniac

Daemon Poster
When I run Memtest86+, it says I have blah blah blah for RAM, single channel. However, I have dual channel. Is there something wrong, or does it only test single channel?

It says channels # is single. Is that what you're talking about?

Should be dual though... it is a dual board. Maybe I put it in the wrong slot. I should have them both in a green slot right? My board looks like this

purple
green
purple
green

slot 1 is at the bottom.

then that mean you're running in single channel

you gotta enable dual channel in BIOS (or put them in the right slots if you haven't already)

I have to enable it in the BIOS? That seems kinda weird, what if somebody got dual channel RAM, but didn't know how to use the BIOS? Anyway, how do I enable it? It isn't with the other RAM settings (timings etc.).

Also, should both of them be in the green slots, or should one be in green and one in purple? (See "diagram" above)

not all BIOSes have that option in there.....if yours doesnt have those options then you need to make absolutely sure that you have them in the right slots......

For the Neo2 Plat it shold be slots 1 and 2 or in slots 3 and 4 to acquire dual channel.......in other words, 1 in the green slot and the other in the purple...

if you notice above the slots it says Channel A = Green Channel B = Purple.........You want DUAL channel meaning two channels.....if you put both sticks in green you'd only be using 1 channel.

AH... a friend told me that I am supposed to put them both in green for it to work right, but then again, no offense to them of course, ever since I've been posting on this site and whatnot, my computer knowledge has surpassed theirs. I find that now they're asking me how to overclock certain things. When I get home, I'll switch it up and see what happens.

I'm sure he thought to put it in both green because on a lot of boards 1&3 would be dual channel and that's what both greens are.....however, that actually goes to older boards, mainly socket A that only have 3 slots, whereas most AMD64's have 4.......

This is why you should do your own research and not listen to friends unless you know 100% that what they say is the truth....like I said it says Channel A and B right above the slots so a little common sense and thinking what 'DUAL channel' means will basically tell you what combination to put it into.........that or simply looking in the manual :p

I don't see a channel A or anything like that, but I'll switch it up tuesday and report back...

if it's the MSI Neo2 Plat board like it says in your sig it says it right above the dimm slots in fairly large letters unless they've suddenly decided to take that text off since I last built a computer with that board and haven't updated images on their website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom