Memtest.?

Remeniz

Fully Optimized
I'm trying to get Memtest to work. The thing is there's different types, ISO, Floppy, ZIP, etc.

I have software that will read an ISO file but this didn't work with the ISO version. I also tried the Flooy version but couldn't get it to work.

I thought it would be a simply app. that allows you to run in windows.

Help will be very appreciated.

:)

Easiest way I found, was to make a bootable CD with burning software, so using the ISO version.
Ran for me flawlessly.

Have you got it set in the BIOS to read from the CD/DVD drive at bootup?

Easiest way I found, was to make a bootable CD with burning software, so using the ISO version.
Ran for me flawlessly.

Have you got it set in the BIOS to read from the CD/DVD drive at bootup?

Thanks. I haven't got any CD burning software though.

I can set my BIOS to read from the CD/DVD drive if needed.

Is it an app. that you run in DOS not in Windows?

Yeah, I'm afraid it has to run at bootup due to its nature of checking all the RAM. Most of which wouldn't be accessible while running Windows.

You need a piece of software like Nero. That'd do the job perfectly well.

You could place it on a floppy drive though, but again, you'd need to get it to boot the floppy at bootup, and make sure its properly formatted to be booted from first.

This should be possible by right clicking and choosing format, before placing anything on the floppy.

Yeah, I'm afraid it has to run at bootup due to its nature of checking all the RAM. Most of which wouldn't be accessible while running Windows.

You need a piece of software like Nero. That'd do the job perfectly well.

You could place it on a floppy drive though, but again, you'd need to get it to boot the floppy at bootup, and make sure its properly formatted to be booted from first.

This should be possible by right clicking and choosing format, before placing anything on the floppy.

Kage, 1+ for the help.

I didn't think about creating a bootable floppy disc.

Thanks. :)

Ok.

Just done a few tests and it producing errors.

Does this mean I have bad memory or is it a RAM timing issue?

If you're getting errors, it's more than likely a bad stick. Try each one separately to weed out the bad stick

errors can be caused by both bad modules and/or timings

To eliminate timing issues reset the memory to default clocks/timings/voltages and run Memtest86+ again.

You are using memtest86+ yes?

Also as AR has said, one stick at a time but I assumed (maybe incorrectly) that you were doing one module at a time already.

Back
Top Bottom