memorytimings and ht speed

tehczar

In Runtime
alright i'm current on an amd 63 3800x2

multiplyer 10x
cpu frequency 220

My memory timings are 5 5 5 18
it is sappoed to be 5 5 5 15 (stock) which would be better the stock or what it is at with auto

also would it be better to have the ht link at 3x or 4x

right now its at 4x and running smoothly i'm just not sure which to put it at and which is better for the life of the processor

here is it in action w/ super pi

this isnt a very big overclock for this chip only 2 ghz

superpicpuzjpgjn4.jpg

the smaller the numbers in the timings the faster the ram is. So it's running a little slower than it should, but u won't be able to see the difference.

Don't know about the ht, but since it's running good I wouldn't change it.

yeah i had to change my timings. just change it to ddr2 800 (im assuming by the timings), 5, 5, 5, 15

keep the ht speed?

i've noticed i have more sticks now on the overclock asus tool becuase the fsb is 800+ is that safe to keep it there at 2.2 ghz?

You should have the HTT mutlplyer(also called LDT ratio) at 4. You want to have the HTT times the multiplyer around 800-1000. So 220 x 4 = 880.

Also the auto timings are faster but you will never notice that small change, except in benchmarks.

alright as long as thats safe, someimtes that stupid ASUS program AiBooster moves the frequency to 250+ and the fsb goes to 1200-1500 but only for a short period of time, a few seconds or so so i assume that is safe.

Back
Top Bottom