memory

bertman911

Baseband Member
I currently have a very basic Dell Dimension 2400 with 2.4ghz and 640mb RAM. Does anyone know how much more memory I am able to add to this specific computer? I believe it has 2 slots for memory, and I had added a 512mb to the existing when I got it. I would like to think if I added a 1mb memory card and took out the 128mb card that would give me 1.5mb memory. Is this feasible and will I see any added benefit (speed or operating) without having to change or update anything else?

Thanks!

ran the scan and it said I ca use either PC2700 memory or PC3200 memory. I ordered a 1gb memory stick online, which should be here today, but I just got a email from another vendor who said my cheapy Dell Dimension 2400 uses PC2100 memory and that PC3200 will not work. He said it would slow to my slowest memory (which is currently 128mb of PC2100 and 512 mb of 512mb).
Can someone tell me what will happen when I install the PC3200 memory into my machine (I plan to remove the 128mb and replace with the new 1gb). Is this going to be an issue or not?

Thanks for the help!!!

if your running the memory in dual channel and 1 stick is PC2100 and 1 stick is PC3200, i think it will only run both at the PC2100 speed but i am not positive on this. i would probably just run it on the 1GB stick of PC3200 until you can get another PC3200 stick to run with it. or, try it both ways,,the way i suggested, and with both sticks in and see which way runs better.

Back
Top Bottom