Memory

r_moore04

Daemon Poster
iv got atm: GeIL 1GB (2x512MB) PC5300 667MHz Value DDR2 Dual Channel Kit, would there be a problem if i put in Corsair 1GB DDR2 XMS2-5400 TwinX aswell as the GeIL, so i have GeIL 1GB and Corsair 1GB in?

coz the GeIL says its 667MHz, and the Corsair says its 675MHz

Dont think so, the other ram will just slow down in mhz I think. Not a big expert on ram so let the others post.

It shouldn't be, but it will run at the slower speed. It's usually best to use the same speed & the same company.

It probally won't be a problem.. it used to be a possible problem with older boards and such, but I don't expect to see a problem in it now.

Although, they will not run at different speeds, BIOS should set the higher speed one, to a lower speed to match with the other stick (they need to be at the same speed).

Personally, i dont like running 4 sticks of 512. It stresses the memory controller a lot. You would be better off with 2x1GB, but if money is a factor, by all means get 4x512.

could ya have 2x512 & 2x1GB in 2gether so u would have 3GB? or would it work better if it went up like normal, eg 512, 1GB, 2GB, 4GB...

DDR works in pairs, and the two in the pair work best if they match in size, but both pair do not have to match. So two 512s and two 1GB sticks will work just fine.

Wrong! I can use a 512MB stick nd 256MB stick...it'll give me 768MB RAM. Even ONE stick will work!

You are talking RAMBUS memory.

Back
Top Bottom