Memory usage too high (Win7)

kokoro

Beta member
Hi peeps.

So for a few weeks now the base memory usage has been really high, and it's preventing me from playing games and such. I reach 100% during software usage, and as 6/8GB now after a fresh restart with nothing else running.

I've disabled some services and when i check task manager there's only Chrome taking almost nothing (200-300mb). So it's impossible to see what the reason is.

I've ran CCleaner, Spybot, Malwarebyte, AdwCleaner - but nothing.

Any ideas ?

Hi peeps.
So for a few weeks now the base memory usage has been really high, and it's preventing me from playing games and such. I reach 100% during software usage, and as 6/8GB now after a fresh restart with nothing else running.
I've disabled some services and when i check task manager there's only Chrome taking almost nothing (200-300mb). So it's impossible to see what the reason is.
I've ran CCleaner, Spybot, Malwarebyte, AdwCleaner - but nothing.
Any ideas ?
Memory usage depends about what processes are currently running. On idle stage there is no matter what kind of Windows 7 You have, it should be a bit higher than 2GB, on 32-bit Windows even a bit less.
So first of all close all running programs, clean old junk and old registry data, wait couple minutes and then it be something about 2GB. If it's still more, take look what background processes running and why they are running. You may have some third party junk antivirus, malware scanner, etc, there may be something damaged and the programs may not close, they stay run on background, there may be suspended or not responding apps etc, but they still run and may take very much RAM and CPU.
Some more things what to think about:
1. when was made last clean Windows installation
2. have You cleaned your pc regularly, ie at least every day if not more
3. if You have HDD, have You defragmented it regularly, have You checked, is it still OK
4. have You disabled all unnecessary background processes, background cleaners, background maintenance, background disk checking etc
5. have You run scf.exe /scannow and chkdsk.exe and fixed something if needed

Finally, don't understand what Chrome you have, which uses so little RAM. It's just not possible.

Back
Top Bottom