Memory Questions.

mayorredbeard

Daemon Poster
Okay here I go.
I have a old Gateway E-4000.
Im going to upgrade it for more memory, as im looking into graphics design and website design as a career. So i've put Fireworks MX, Dreamweaver MX, and Flash MX. I use each quite often. And I realized the size of fireworks, dreamweaver, and flash files are real big so im getting more memory.

I have right now 515 mb of ram
and 2.4 ghz of harddrive memory.

My computer only has one more extra memory slot, so im going to put a 1GB — CT273927 DDR PC2100 NON-ECC UNBUFFEREDf on my computer. Should I have enough memory to save things on my computer and for it to run fast with that 2.4 ghz of memory, and the 1gb of ram.

I'm planning to have about 20 files of flash movies over 40,000 mb, eventually over 100 fireworks files, and maybe 5 dreamweaver big sites. Should I be okay?

any second opionions?
also...

Ram is physical memory, like how much stuff you can have running at once, and how much stuff you can save on your computer. And will help your computer run faster with more, correct?

If thats all correct up their, then whats harddrive memory?

2.4 gigs of memory? I think you're wrong there, you wouldn't even be able to support an OS on that...

when i right click on properties on My Computer it says:

computer:

Gateway, Inc
Intel(R)
Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.40 GHz
2.40 GHz, 512 MB of Ram

I'm upgrading to 1.5 gb of ram with the other stuff above, which says 2.40 GHz, so would I be okay with that setup, would my computer run fast and would I be able to save a lot of stuff on my computer.

oh i see where i went wrong guys. im really a total noob to actgual computers, i just now about graphics design.

anyways my pentium 4 processor is 2.40 ghz. thats not my harddrive memory. how can i find out my harddrive memory?

mayorredbeard said:
oh i see where i went wrong guys. im really a total noob to actgual computers, i just now about graphics design.

anyways my pentium 4 processor is 2.40 ghz. thats not my harddrive memory. how can i find out my harddrive memory?

Hey,

Open up "My Computer", then right-click on your "C Drive" (or 'C:') and then click "Properties" and then it will say how big your Hard Drive is.

Cheers,
Chris :)

ooo yay thanks for helping el-noob.
anyways...
i have 74.5 gb. Is that good with my soon to be 1.5 gb of ram?

And whats the difference between RAM and harddrive memory?

mayorredbeard said:
ooo yay thanks for helping el-noob.
anyways...
i have 74.5 gb. Is that good with my soon to be 1.5 gb of ram?

And whats the difference between RAM and harddrive memory?

Hey,

The Hard drive 'memory' is not Memory as you think about it. It is your storage space (i.e. where all your files are saved on to).

Hope that makes sense.

Cheers,
Chris :)

So if I want to be able to save more Fireworks, Dreamweaver, and Flash files on my computer, what would buying more RAM do?

Back
Top Bottom