memory question

Status
Not open for further replies.

cybrgeek

Solid State Member
Am looking for ram for asus a7s333 board with xp2200. First build myself system. A recommended site for ram, buyaib.com, says pc2100 to pc2700. Says this is overclocked ram? Not quite sure what this means or if it is going to matter to me since I am not a gamer. Just thought to build a faster system than my xp1700 since I'm going to spend some money. Should I try to get true pc2700, or will I notice much, if any, difference, since I am not a gamer? Thanks

You may just go with the flow and use PC2700 with a DDR333 supported board. I may need to look for a link, but it's plausible it may be overclocked.

There isn't really a real-world difference between PC2100 (DDR266) and PC2700 (DDR333), but if PC2700 isn't much higher priced, then just go with a true stick.

You wont notice the diff between 2100 and 2700 most likely. But if the price difference is not large, go with the 2700

Thanks for the help. I will go with the true pc2700. I didn't realize what they were talking about was pc2100 which had been overclocked by the manufacturer or somebody to attain pc2700 status.

*Notice*
Gateway has recently released their 500mb sticks. They are (I think) $120 a piece, really just for gamers. Mabye this just sounds good to me cause I play a lot of high-polygon count games like Morrowind...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom