Memory prices skyrocketed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I managed to find some cheap ram but on the whole prices are going up. I guess people who are stuck with a 939 mobo and dont need to upgrade it yet have no choice but to buy ddr ram and suppliers are never going to sell as much as they used to. So basically its just a lack of supply. I guess soon enough the price will start to decrease as more people upgrade their mobos to ddr2 boards.

btw on the subject of RAM, i seriously recommend going from 1GB to 2GB; loading times are quicker, gameplay is smoother and the average framerate is far higher. Moreover, the computer is a lot more responsive: With 1GB it always went slow after running a game for a few mins, now its constantly speedy :). Must be because the peak commit charge never exceeds the physical memory so the page file is never needed and the RAM never becomes saturated if you see what i mean.

IfYouHaveToAsk said:
btw on the subject of RAM, i seriously recommend going from 1GB to 2GB; loading times are quicker, gameplay is smoother and the average framerate is far higher. Moreover, the computer is a lot more responsive: With 1GB it always went slow after running a game for a few mins, now its constantly speedy :). Must be because the peak commit charge never exceeds the physical memory so the page file is never needed and the RAM never becomes saturated if you see what i mean.

Try using 512mb pc-2700 for close to 3 year's strait,You think your 1gig went slow after coming out of game's well mine take's forever,I'll be glad after i get my gig,Should be like night and day :)

I wish i could get more ram but I don't have any more slots on my motherboard for ram thats why I could only go to 768

Memory prices skyrocketed?
That is typical for this time of year as a lot of the factories in the Asia goes on holidays. So it just a matter of supply and demand.

Things normally gets back to normal after chinese new year.

Shumway said:
Weird,Price's are going down a bit over here in canada from what i've seen,Just in time for me to hop on some OCZ :D

that's cause the value of the US dollar is dropping like a rock

this is what happens when the US central bank starts pumping up the supply of dollars, you get inflation, and its starting to get rather serious

Have you checked the price of 168-pin non-DDR SDRAM lately? Newegg doesn't sell it, so you'll have to check somewhere else. Here in Mexico, this memory costs twice as much as DDR memory (DDR2 is still relatively new; DDR is still the most common type).

It's a simple supply & demand thing. Manufacturers move towards the newer standard, so supply of the old stuff drops. However, the market takes far longer to adopt the new standard, so demand doesn't change much. Result: price increases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom