Memory + CPU

As I have previeously stated, i have tried that! with a graphics card, memory, cpu, fan on cpu, mouse, and keyboard, no signal is EVER sent to the monitor.
i've tried different monitors, tried the monitors on other computers, tried different video cards, nothing worked.
the mother board is the problem, all the god damn pins are bent.
I should have never gotten 775.

i didn't even know they made processors that had the pins in the MOBO...well...you learn sumthing every day huh? hope you get it fixed man.

i've got news for you, I bought the ram before I even came back here and saw all this.
but WHO CARES.
cause now the computer works.
i've got 2 gigs of ram, the motherboard and cpu are functioning properly.
so it's all HAPPY AND FINE NOW!
well, not quite.
the cpu seems to be a lil hot. 68C

What did you do, bend the pins back?

As for the overheating, make sure you're using thermal paste properly.

it's weird man, it turned out they weren't really bent, but damn, they sure look like they are.
as for it not working, that was because I am a dumbass. there was a cable not plugged in that should be. (the one that goes to the cpu, not the mobo, I know, laugh it up)
as for heating, I think we just need to get some better thermal paste, the stock stuff that comes attached to the heatsync and fan i'm sure is garbage.
how much would you say is enough? i'm sure that too much is bad..

...wow...lol i did something like that w/ my computer at first too. after i got my new MOBO (took 3 1/2 weeks to ship it to CA ship back ... then back and back again cuz they forgot sumthing) i had everything put together...took my time...everything was perfect...it was gonna run...so i delecatly closed the case...and confidentaly pressed the power button. and guess what? it didn't turn on...i felt like shooting myself!! the bottom of my stomach lurched and i felt hollow. 30 min of thinking it over and i look over the case and guess what? the little switch on the back of the PSU was switched off!! i switched it on and jumped for joy as my computer turned on for the first time!! lol

I guess i'm not alone... lol..
what was frustrating to me was, the fans lights, hard drives, all turned on, but I guess not having the cpu plugged in would explain why the d-bracket on the back read as the cpu being damaged or improperly installed eh? lol

Back
Top Bottom