Members, we need your help and support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Secretly, Trotter is stashing the cash ready to run away from TF and make a new life ;)

In all seriousness, is the recession really that bad ? Maybe my family is lucky, but we have more money now than we did before the recession :freak:

Anyway, i have a plan to help you trotter, soon my mums leaving her job and becoming a property developer. According to the government, a property developer is an unstable job and i'm entitled to £30 a week EMA (Education Maintenance Allowance)

Maybe i can donate a fair amount of that towards you :) I have no use for it.

I will if my mum becomes a property developer.

It's a stupid system, my friends dad owns a business pulling in 100k a year salary for himself, but it's non secure employment so he gets £30

Anyway trotter, you should see $20 in your paypal in a few minutes, sorry it couldn't be more but hopefully thats a nice meal on the table for your family one night.

Maybe the recession isnt that bad for you but it is for many others. My credit cards are almost maxes to the point where we are going to have to start cutting back on certain things to maintain paying the minimal balance.

So yes it is that bad. At least for some of us. My sister and her husband are doing just fine and are actually having more money cause of certain factors. But i know of at least 5 others that are in the situation that Trotter and myself are in. So that makes amost a 5 to 1 ratio that i can figure out for those that are in trouble to those that are doing as good if not better than they were before. That is just of people i know and can think of right off the top of my head.

So yeah i would have to say it is bad.

Its pretty bad man, especially in the Southern US States.

We have a bit more than we used to because my mom picked got a job and my dad got a bit of a raise, but since he's been transfered to Maryland (his company got sold there), the cost of living is a lot higher for him there, and we have to support two households (there and here).

Things are getting really bad for us honestly, hopefully I need to pick up a job and get some stuff done on my own too.

Maybe the recession isnt that bad for you but it is for many others. My credit cards are almost maxes to the point where we are going to have to start cutting back on certain things to maintain paying the minimal balance.

So yes it is that bad. At least for some of us. My sister and her husband are doing just fine and are actually having more money cause of certain factors. But i know of at least 5 others that are in the situation that Trotter and myself are in. So that makes amost a 5 to 1 ratio that i can figure out for those that are in trouble to those that are doing as good if not better than they were before. That is just of people i know and can think of right off the top of my head.

So yeah i would have to say it is bad.

I guess really it's all down to how much your employee needs you, i guess we are quite lucky as a family, theres been 3 times in the last 6 months where dad received a letter saying theres a possibility him and his team at work could be made redundent - but so far, so good.

It hits countries the most with the largest service sector and tertiary jobs. Well that leaves the UK screwed..90percent of employment over here is tertiary.

It seems asif we're already coming out of it though, look at some of the basic facts. The stock market is already rising again and some business is picking up, the media is well known to blow things way out of proportion. I say 2 years and things will be pretty much normal.

Gov's need to start thinking outside the box more, they need to encourage people to spend money, give them a reason to, once you have expenditure you get growth. Cut back on ridiculous military budgets would be a good start.

The Stock Market means nothing. Sorry to say. but just because stocks are on the rise again doesnt mean jack about a company hiring more people and the unemployment rate going down. Stocks rising just means that those who had large shares of them, are getting richer.

Case in point, Western NY where i live. There is now almost a 25% unemployment rate. The market is soooo saturated with people in dire need of a job that companies can basically hire someone for nothing. Not to mention the fact that they can pick and choose. There is at least 50-100 people applying for the same job if not more.

I have been applying for jobs for over 9 months. I have years of experience in the field that i am applying for and i still have yet to get a call back. No i am not talking about Tech jobs either. I am talking about local jobs at even something as small as a coffee house or a restaurant in which i was a cook for over 6 years of my life.

So just because the stock market is making a come back means absolutely nothing to any single person who is without a job. We dont own stock and therefor we are not making any money by the upswing of stock prices.

Yeah encourage people to spend money, especially when THEY DONT HAVE ANY MONEY TO SPEND. Exactly how does that work Oreo? How can you spend money when you are not making any money in the first place? I would really love to know cause it is something that has baffled me for almost 3 years now.

The US Gov't just did a Cash for Clunkers program where if you have a junk car you could trade it in and get $4500 in trade in value. That went for 5 months before over $1 Billion was spent of federal money. That is a lot of money changing hands right there, yet the economy here is still not in a upswing even after so many people bought new cars.

People are dipping into life savings, retirement funds and so much more just to pay monthly bills. How do you really expect these people to go out and buy things like TV's and XBOX's and PC's when they are struggling to make monthly rent and other living expenses. Sorry but it just aint happening here. Maybe in the UK but in the USA there is FAR more people out on luck right now than are in luck when it comes to money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom