Media Center Computers (build or buy)

Zaki

Daemon Poster
I know plenty about every sort of computer except for media center computers.
so my question is should i build a media center or buy one? which is better intel viiv or amd live? how does the xp software work, what are the advantages disadvantages?

thanks, any sort of comment is appreciated, im a newbie when it comes to media center.

Can you buy the media center software? I thought it was only sold with factory made computers. Maybe I'm wrong.

Windows Media Center Edition 2005 is OEM only so you have to buy it from newegg.com or something. It's basically Windows XP, but with the Media Center, which is good for HTPCs or Media Centers, especially since it has enhanced uses with a configured remote.

Intel Viiv and AMD Live! is nothing special. It's really just a name for a bunch of specified technologies, like Intel's Centrino Technology.

If I were you, wait until graphics card manufacturers start coming out with video cards that support HDMI as one of the outputs. Sapphire announced at CeBIT that a ATI Radeon X1600 with HDMI is in the works. Why the X1600? Because HTPCs or Media Centers don't require a fast video card. All you need is HD support and a fast enough card for video processing.

Isn't the Media Center PC, actually Win XP Pro underneath with all the programs needed for dvr?

Back
Top Bottom