Medal Of Honor - Allied Assault ( PC )

Status
Not open for further replies.

form

Baseband Member
fORM's Review

So I managed to get my hands on a copy of MOHAA. I read about its release in a vid mag and lost touch with it after I saw a couple bunk war games come out for PC. I haven't been impressed with a war game for quite sometime. There's something about the oldskool that seems appealing. Stielhandgranates, M1 Garand's, Springfield 03 Snipers, Bar Rifles, Mp40's, Colt 45's and Panzerschreck's are all included in this title much like the release for PS1 only 100X better. I guess the simplicity of the guns makes this game more enjoyable for me. It's a nice break from Counter-Strike, Unreal Tournament and Serious Sam 2.

The intro movie for this game is well done but it lacks any blood or gore. We all know that WWII had tons of violence and dismembered soldiers lying all over Omaha beach. Just rent Saving Private Ryan and you'll catch the drift. Somehow, the soldiers in MOHAA manage to keep all their appendages in tact at all times. It's simply amazing especially when considering that one of your squad leaders just walked over a land mine. Despite the sugar coating of violence-free-sauce they poured all over this title, I managed to forgive the game as I played through it. The levels and multiplayer levels make up for the lack of blood and guts.

After spending time going through the single player missions you'll be easily distracted by the sweet multiplayer interface.

Test System: XP- P3-800Mhz - 800mb Ram - Geforce 2 Ti

AI: 8/10
-Good, but not awesome
-Not many spawn areas (which is awesome)
-Multiple deaths and firing positions
-Decent hiding
-No wall hacking or mystery bullets
-Cheap-ass snipers

Graphics: 9/10
-Requires a fast comp and decent vid card to truly enjoy it.
-Great Textures, shadows and lighting
-Smooth character textures
-Impressive fireplaces, explosions and visuals

Sound & Music: 9/10
-Great music throughout the game
-No annoying repetitive melodies
-Crisp gunshots, explosions and aircraft sounds
-Realistic weapon sounds

Highlights:
-Awesome multiplayer levels
-One of the best games for sniping, period.
-Cool one player missions and assistant from comp
-Great multiplayer capabilities
-Decent taunts
-Huge landscapes
-The game flows nicely from stage to stage
-Great Auto-saving
-Players make noise when fast walking

Weak Points:
-Slow weapon reloading (Realistic really)
-Jumping that seems like more of a hop
-Super accurate computer players (every so often)
-Med packs are either on ground or tables (when on tables, you must grab them instead of walking over them)
-No diving or lying down on ground
-Binoculars are located in weapon cycle so they often get turned on when cycling through weapons
-Turrets and cannons are hella accurate

Overall this game is dope. I've played the one player missions and played the online multiplayer levels. It's a nice change from all the other titles and will satisfy your WWII cravings.

Good Job EA....

Now all they need is a blood/gore pack (even if it was $10) and I'll be happy.

url]

Fresh additions:

Good:
-Lots of levels and mods which you can download
-Not too many hacks available
-Good netcoding, not too laggy on local servers
-Skins and custom crosshairs are easy to install
-4 different multiplayer modes (objective, teammatch, deathmatch and roundbased)
-Easy, smooth games menu

Bad or not so cool :
-Uses gamespy software-You either love em or hate em
-First player game seems joggy even on a good computer. The in game graphic settings must be set to moderate
-Some people team kill or overuse rockets-Happens in all games
-The admin commands are decent but were missing a few things before the latest patch came out
-Some more official EA maps would be nice

Maps, skins and all Mohaa material can be found @ Allied Assault Site

fORM's Review

So I managed to get my hands on a copy of MOHAA. I read about its release in a vid mag and lost touch with it after I saw a couple bunk war games come out for PC. I haven't been impressed with a war game for quite sometime. There's something about the oldskool that seems appealing. Stielhandgranates, M1 Garand's, Springfield 03 Snipers, Bar Rifles, Mp40's, Colt 45's and Panzerschreck's are all included in this title much like the release for PS1 only 100X better. I guess the simplicity of the guns makes this game more enjoyable for me. It's a nice break from Counter-Strike, Unreal Tournament and Serious Sam 2.

The intro movie for this game is well done but it lacks any blood or gore. We all know that WWII had tons of violence and dismembered soldiers lying all over Omaha beach. Just rent Saving Private Ryan and you'll catch the drift. Somehow, the soldiers in MOHAA manage to keep all their appendages in tact at all times. It's simply amazing especially when considering that one of your squad leaders just walked over a land mine. Despite the sugar coating of violence-free-sauce they poured all over this title, I managed to forgive the game as I played through it. The levels and multiplayer levels make up for the lack of blood and guts.

After spending time going through the single player missions you'll be easily distracted by the sweet multiplayer interface.

Test System: XP- P3-800Mhz - 800mb Ram - Geforce 2 Ti

AI: 8/10
-Good, but not awesome
-Not many spawn areas (which is awesome)
-Multiple deaths and firing positions
-Decent hiding
-No wall hacking or mystery bullets
-Cheap-ass snipers

Graphics: 9/10
-Requires a fast comp and decent vid card to truly enjoy it.
-Great Textures, shadows and lighting
-Smooth character textures
-Impressive fireplaces, explosions and visuals

Sound & Music: 9/10
-Great music throughout the game
-No annoying repetitive melodies
-Crisp gunshots, explosions and aircraft sounds
-Realistic weapon sounds

Highlights:
-Awesome multiplayer levels
-One of the best games for sniping, period.
-Cool one player missions and assistant from comp
-Great multiplayer capabilities
-Decent taunts
-Huge landscapes
-The game flows nicely from stage to stage
-Great Auto-saving
-Players make noise when fast walking

Weak Points:
-Slow weapon reloading (Realistic really)
-Jumping that seems like more of a hop
-Super accurate computer players (every so often)
-Med packs are either on ground or tables (when on tables, you must grab them instead of walking over them)
-No diving or lying down on ground
-Binoculars are located in weapon cycle so they often get turned on when cycling through weapons
-Turrets and cannons are hella accurate

Overall this game is dope. I've played the one player missions and played the online multiplayer levels. It's a nice change from all the other titles and will satisfy your WWII cravings.

Good Job EA....

Now all they need is a blood/gore pack (even if it was $10) and I'll be happy.

url]

Fresh additions:

Good:
-Lots of levels and mods which you can download
-Not too many hacks available
-Good netcoding, not too laggy on local servers
-Skins and custom crosshairs are easy to install
-4 different multiplayer modes (objective, teammatch, deathmatch and roundbased)
-Easy, smooth games menu

Bad or not so cool :
-Uses gamespy software-You either love em or hate em
-First player game seems joggy even on a good computer. The in game graphic settings must be set to moderate
-Some people team kill or overuse rockets-Happens in all games
-The admin commands are decent but were missing a few things before the latest patch came out
-Some more official EA maps would be nice

Maps, skins and all Mohaa material can be found @ Allied Assault Site

yes great review Form.
maybe i should make a forum dedicated just to reviews:)
what do you think?

cheers

yes great review Form.
maybe i should make a forum dedicated just to reviews:)
what do you think?

cheers

Thanks guys,

I like the idea...lets keep on creating reviews and then if the opportunity knocks we'll move each thread into the new section..
What do you guys think?

Thanks guys,

I like the idea...lets keep on creating reviews and then if the opportunity knocks we'll move each thread into the new section..
What do you guys think?

yeah ill have to do some reviews:)
the problem is that i havnt palyed any games for about 6 months:(
ill have to get some new ones and i spose we could also do software reviews ect.

cheers

yeah ill have to do some reviews:)
the problem is that i havnt palyed any games for about 6 months:(
ill have to get some new ones and i spose we could also do software reviews ect.

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom