MechanicWeb.net

Goodmusicbob

Solid State Member
Hello all and I must say I am desperate, almost, at this point. I am not sure if this is the right place to post this, but, I really need help. I have used www.mechanicweb.com for almost 2 years, but I am inclined to leave them after this year.

My immediate problem is, I have lost contact with them. I have not gotten emails since Thursday. I can't access my cPanel or any "client" area of mechanicweb. I do have access to the internet with no problems, but I can't access mechanicweb other than their "Home Page". The reason I will not use them again is, they don't give a phone number so I can't contact them to see if their servers are down or if there are other problems. Again, I have not gotten any emails nor can I send emails since Thursday about noon here in Georgia.

Does anyone know how I can actually find out what's going on :confused: Thank you very much all.

bob

Last edited by a moderator:
I can actually access their entire website. Here is the contact information:
The fact that you can't access it is strange. Maybe you should try changing your IPv4 DNS servers. Adware is known for changing DNS servers. That could be your issue. In the meantime, you can try contacting them through the information I obtained from their website. ()

Hello AMD_Man and good Sunday Evening,

Thank you for taking the time to help me. I was just able to make contact with a MechanicWeb representative after church today. Here is what I was told. I was asked for my IP address:

I was told, "The most common reason for the IP block is consecutive unsuccessful login attempts. I was advised to make sure I do not have incorrect login details saved in my devices or email clients that try to login automatically as this might trigger an IP block".

Apparently, the representative was able to lift the block. I have no idea what he was talking about. I use Malwarebytes and Norton Security to protect my computer, so, I don't know what else to do.

Is there anything else I should or can do to protect my computer and keep my IP address from being blocked again?? What cause this kind of thing to happen? How can I protect my IP Address? Thanks so much for your help.

bob :)

Last edited:
What you were told by the representative doesn't seem to have anything to do with malware. If what they are saying is true, then someone in your LAN may have tried to access your account and failed multiple times. Do with that information what you think is best.

I can't think of any other cause for this other than you trying to input incorrect passwords multiple times or someone in your LAN trying to access your account without your permission and failing.

Back
Top Bottom