McAfee.

WindowsXP

In Runtime
Where does MacAfee stand when it comes to security suites? What are its ups and downs? I've heard that it is a resource hog. Is this true and what resources does it hog?

Also I hear things like "the free stuff is better than MacAfee". MacAfee is $50/year and the free stuff is...free. It can't be that bad.

Ok well i personally used to have mcafee on a dell that i own and it used to wreak havoc and i mean loads of it . Glad when the 18month contract was over .
Now i run avg free and comodo personal firewall pro , both are free and i never get any problems

I would say that AVG and comodo personal firewall do a better job of securing my system than mcafee ever did
If you have the money though get NOD32 its by far the greatest anti virus program out there and uses little resources .T he only reason i dont use it is cos you have to pay and AVG has never given me problems so if it aint broke don't fix it

Mcafee is complete and utter crap I used to use it all the time but the detection rate and firewall protection really sucks, the only semi decent thing on the suit versions is the antispyware program, that used to find viruses that the AV couldn't, oh and the pop up blocker is non existent, I recommend NOD32 AV with Kaspersky INTERNET suit.

It's the worst security program I've ever used. I'd say NOD32 is a good choice, Kaspersky is also good as well as avast home edition and AVG free. All of those detect well and are easy on resources.

Where does MacAfee stand when it comes to security suites? What are its ups and downs? I've heard that it is a resource hog. Is this true and what resources does it hog?

Also I hear things like "the free stuff is better than MacAfee". MacAfee is $50/year and the free stuff is...free. It can't be that bad.

I have it running on about 125 or so computers.

It's the crappiest biggest pain in the ass ever.

yep is sucks. why pay anyway. theres so many free ones. i use zone alarm firewall and avg free antivirus. personal preference

Well, number one, it's detection rates are less than stellar. It misses more stuff than say NOD does.

Number two, it wastes your resources. This generally means your RAM while you're just doing your normal tasks, but it also means the CPU usage when it's actively scanning. It also takes forever to do a full system scan compared to other products.

Back
Top Bottom