McAfee Next Generation Firewall now Forcepoint

SirWinzalut

Solid State Member
Hello Tech world. I just joined this new company and they are looking to update their security. At one point I was I knew how to use McAfee Next Generation Firewall software know as the SMC. Now remember I only used it. I was looking to purchase it for my new job. My senior IT guys wants to know more about it.

I figured I would go to the site and get some info which I'm doing. But I want to hear from techs that are using it right now and to let me know if it's changed in any way.

Are you trying to protect a lot of stuff on a network? If so, you should really be using a hardware firewall and not software. The software firewalls would need to be installed on every computer and managed versus a single appliance to control it all. Our organization doesn't use software firewalls.

Are you trying to protect a lot of stuff on a network? If so, you should really be using a hardware firewall and not software. The software firewalls would need to be installed on every computer and managed versus a single appliance to control it all. Our organization doesn't use software firewalls.

Yes I have over 100+ office and field techs with laptops and desktops.

I know software firewall is no good. This is a hardware firewall that comes with the program call the SMC or IDK what it's called now.

So this is how it went down. I joined my last company in 2015. When I got there they were using McAfee Next Generation Firewall hardware know Stonesoft (Pic of hardware attached). Then only after a few months of being there McAfee sold it to Intel. Intel did nothing nothing much with it or did very little. Then as I left the company I heard it was going to Forcepoint powered by Raytheon.

So has anyone use this new Firewall Hardware by Forcepoint? If so did you come from using the McAfee to Forcepoint and is there a big difference.

Attachments

• IPS-1030-10601.png
    IPS-1030-10601.png
    90.7 KB · Views: 0
Hi Joshua,
Thanks for your interest in the Stonesoft platform and I can confirm that we remain very focused on building on the prior success of the platform. This is why you'll notice continued 3rd party industry validation and praise of the platform, such as NSS Labs. While the transition was admittedly a little bit of a distraction, the great news is virtually everyone involved with the platform has transitioned with the technology, and it didn't stifle innovation.

From talking to customers, the general consensus is that individuals love what we've done with the platform, what we are working on for the future, and as a result that they are passionate about Stonesoft.

If you'd like to learn more about what we've been doing, see a demo of the platform, or discuss the business challenges we can solve, feel free to reach out to me.

Thanks,
Michael Knapp
mknapp <@> forcepoint.com

Back
Top Bottom