Mcafee and Outpost?

Toby1

Daemon Poster
Okay here's the deal.

On the weekend I went to my brothers house and installed a heap of security stuff onto his computer. When it came time to install Outpost Firewall Pro 3.51 it wouldn't install cause' Mcafee Security Suite is installed on his computer. So I looked for an uninstall file for Mcafee, couldn't find one, looked in control panel - add/remove programs... nothing. So I just shredded every Mcafee folder and file I could find. I then tried again to Outpost and this time it worked. Only problem is, now every time his computer starts up a pop-up (lasts about 10 seconds) appears saying that another firewall is installed as well as Mcafee and that Outpost should be removed. One BSOD has occured since (but that's the only one, no more have occured, but the pop-up still appears at start up).

I have no idea why this is happening, as I'm sure I got rid of every instance of Mcafee from my brothers computer.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

- Toby.

i don't know about the problem but if McAfee is giving you this much trouble jsut to install something you want, i would trust it with keeping my computer safe. :p

Too late, it was only a 90-day free trail (I guess the pop-up will disappear when the trial is up), with no recovery CD.

Could always try a system restore I guess.

Don't want to reinstall it anyway... Mcafee is a POS.

Thanks anyway.

Back
Top Bottom