Maybe DFI isn't as high-quality as I thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waphlez

Fully Optimized
Well unfortunately my DFI Lanparty SLI-DR motherboard died on me yesterday. I'm now selling my 2GB of RAM to a kid from school. Looks like I'm going to have to go and get a new Conroe 2 Duo setup (I had a crappy sempron temporarally to hold me over).

Got to buy a new motherboard, some RAM, CPU, and a videocard. I was going to get a new video card with my saved up money and CPU for Christmas but now I'm going to have to use up a lot more of my money to get a new setup.

I might have to get a 1GB stick of RAM for now till I can get another depending on how much I'm going to spend on the new setup. I'm looking at the E6600 and at the gigabyte GA-965G-DS3 that has onboard video that would at least get a computer up and running (because I decided to give my old graphics card to my step-dad since his computer needs a new video card).

I'm probably won't be able to get my video card until chirstmas or sometimes after.

R.I.P DFI Lanparty SLI-DR: January 2006 - November 10, 2006

Yep, 100% sure. Tried it on a friend's computer (who was nice enough to let me do so and take a nice chunk of his BF2142 playing time) and I tested my PSU which is an Antec Truepower II 550W and it's chugging along just fine. RAM still works, cpu still works, everything except the motherboard.

Well... gives me an excuss to spend money for C2D lol.

ahh I see.

That's too bad. Im sure even if it still under warranty (wich Im sure it is) you would still want a C2D motherboard/cpu.

lol blessing in disguise?

Lord AnthraX said:

I absolutley love my DFI board. It's so reliable.
*Knocks on wood*

Sorry to hear about your DFI. Weren't the SLIs problematic though? Its been awhile since I've thought about computers and something about problems come to mind.

The DS3 with the onboard video wont overclock as well as the regular DS3...or at least this is what I've heard.

UA_Iron said:
The DS3 with the onboard video wont overclock as well as the regular DS3...or at least this is what I've heard.

That is what I've heard too, but I haven't found a real review of it with the newest bios update which supossibly fixes a lot of the overclock problems. Even still, I just want a quality motherboard, I could spend 60-75 bucks on a seperate video card but the thing is that would just go to waste because I'm going to replace it with a good gaming video card sometime in the near future. I could just go with the GA-965P-S3 which is the same as the DS3 (without onboard and the special solid capacitors) which is about 30 or 40 bucks cheaper and get a seperate cheap-o video card. Not totally sure what I'm going to do, I'm now thinking between the E6600 or the E6300/6400. I'm still trying to figure out what I'm going to get.

I'd go with the E6400 because of the higher multiplier.

I think the limitation with the mobo is in the FSB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom