math program

mistycom

Baseband Member
I am looking for a program which can calculate interest in a given period. Example, the principal amount is x and is subjected to interest of y% per year, what would the final amount (principal + interest) if we were to compute this from say 3/1/2009 to 28/2/2011? Well, i have to do this sort of math very often so it would of much convenience for me if i can get the final amount at the click of my mouse. Or is it possible with spreadsheet? Well, i have to admit that i know very little about programming so i am unable to write a code to do that math for me. Thank you for your time.

That's the purpose of spreadsheets. Excel is part of the Microsoft Office suite and it's very easy to use, as Microsoft products go.

OpenOffice.org is a free office suite which is mostly compatible with Office and it has a spreadsheet program called Calc.

You could a program like that in c++. I could create a program in Unity if you want with cool GUI. I could even teach you if you want.

You could a program like that in c++. I could create a program in Unity if you want with cool GUI. I could even teach you if you want.

Hey, thank you for your reply. Can i do it using Netbeans IDE because that's the only compiler i have? How can i write the code? Would really appreciate it if you can teach me.

@Dngrsone, I have tried using spreadsheet but it doesn't do exactly what i want. I used the days360 to calculate the number of days between two dates and it seems that it assumes that each month has 30 days, which obviously affected the calculation.

hey misty I really dont know Netbeans and never worked with it from before. If you can tell me details I will create one for you as a sample and you decide if its good. If its good then i urge u to download unity if not ill try to check on netbeans! do u agree?

hey misty I really dont know Netbeans and never worked with it from before. If you can tell me details I will create one for you as a sample and you decide if its good. If its good then i urge u to download unity if not ill try to check on netbeans! do u agree?

Thanks Ahaykal, the details are in my OP. Btw, what is Unity? Is it also a code compiler?

unity is a game engine but I can control the GUI in a better way...

btw im waiting for you to tell me to start or not..

NetBeans can be used to program Java applications. You can create a java program just by clicking File-> New Project and create a simple java application. But you'll need some knowledge in java programing. First, to deal with this date problem, you can use the classes avaliable in Java SDK. Second, to write a program with a GUI, you will need to know about Swing Aplications. With NetBeans IDE you can do almost everything in a graphic way...

If you actually want to learn how to write a program on this do a quick youtube search and you'll find a lot of solutions. This is pretty basic and the type of thing you'll learn when you start entry level programing.

Or of course you could spend 5 seconds Googling it and find a web based tool to do exactly what you need - Free Online Simple Interest Calculator — Date Math Calculator

The above post has hit the spot - before jumping in and suggesting C++, unity or anything else (let's face it, you could do this in ANY language under the sun) let's find out more about what the OP wants. Is this a programming exercise in which case are you looking to start out programming, or is this merely because you want something to do the job? The two approaches require very different sorts of responses.

Back
Top Bottom