Mario Party 8 banned

Kage

Golden Master
Mario Party 8 for the Wii, which was scheduled for release on the 13th July I believe, has now been removed from shops here in the UK, and banned until fixed.

A mate of mine wanted it, and Game had already took it out of shops, and other shops have now done the same, shipping them back.

A translation error was the reason for the ban, making one of the characters use the word "spastic" in a 3+ game, since the game is entirely text based.

Don't know when its going to become available again either...

Ouch for them, since its going to cost a lot...

EDIT:

Though it seems, Nintendo is not admitting this, and instead is saying that a number of the discs had the wrong version of the game code within it

Which rumour is true?

You've got to be kidding me. The game was pulled in the UK because one of the characters says "spastic"? You'd think the powers that be would have bigger things to worry about than a stupid game that has a silly little word like spastic in it. :rolleyes:

Yep...

They've removed the copies from stores until further notice.

They are over reating a little banning it, they should just release it anyway and let Nintendo work on a revised version

I'd be interested if they did release it with the "offensive" word, how many people would actually complain; the word in question was used in the American sense; Spastic as in "crazy, random or hyper"; not its English definition: retard. Anyone with more than a brain cell could identify the difference (unless, of course, you were part of the brand new Political Correctness police and had nothing better to do), and doing a recall of a well awaited and anticipated game release, over 1 word in a single level of the whole game, is ridiculous.

Then again ... welcome to the UK.:rolleyes:

I'd be interested if they did release it with the "offensive" word, how many people would actually complain; the word in question was used in the American sense; Spastic as in "crazy, random or hyper"; not its English definition: retard. Anyone with more than a brain cell could identify the difference (unless, of course, you were part of the brand new Political Correctness police and had nothing better to do), and doing a recall of a well awaited and anticipated game release, over 1 word in a single level of the whole game, is ridiculous.

Then again ... welcome to the UK.:rolleyes:

Here here , amazing as well , all this happened on the day two terrorists where released . what am amazing country
TBH at the age of three i am sure children have heard much worse words from their parents . and what child aged 3 even knows how to use a wii at that matter

Back
Top Bottom