Many problems with my new rig..

gixxerdk

Beta member
intel core 2 quad 4
9600gt
msi p45
4gb ram 2x2

Random freezes with screeching sound from speakers. At first I thought it was windows 7 so I reformatted to XP, and now I get random freezes very often.

Random freezes, no choice but to press the reset. I took out one of the ram and the problem reduced significantly but still get random freezes.

No blue screen

I checked the temps and its around 47-48c

I just had a blue screen pop up for a split sec and computer restarted.

check what voltage your ram is getting and what it requires on either the box they came in or from the manufacturer, same thing happened to my bro after he built his own system. if they are off you need to go into your BIOS and manually change them, easy fix, if thats the problem.

check what voltage your ram is getting and what it requires on either the box they came in or from the manufacturer, same thing happened to my bro after he built his own system. if they are off you need to go into your BIOS and manually change them, easy fix, if thats the problem.

1066MHz is the only thing on the box. Does this make sense?

How do I make windows not restart after error?
Sorry I'm not efficient with computers..

OK so I checked BIOS timing and the timing in the little booklet and it doesnt match

Booklet says tcl=2 trcd=3 trp=2 tras=5
Bios says tcl=5clk trcd=5clk trp=5clk tras=12clk trfc=23clk twk=6 twtr=3clk trrd=3clk trtp=3clk

Your BIOS is running the RAM conservatively, so there's no real problem there. Until you iron out the instability, I wouldn't go messing with the timings.

To enable or disable Automatic Restart, it's pretty much the same on XP through 7, just right click on "My Computer" ("Computer" in 7) or press the Windows key (between CTRL & ALT) and the PAUSE/BREAK key. Then click the Advanced Tab (For 7, click "Advanced System Settings", then the Advanced tab) and look for "Startup and Recovery" at the bottom. Click the settings button there. UNCHECK "Automatically Restart" and then click OK, and then OK or Close.

Also, another thing you can do is download and run your system through a MemTest. Download and burn the ISO from http://www.memtest.org/ - you can also get a USB Flash Drive version from the site.

Run that on your system overnight and see if you get any errors, or if it can even run the test.

Two other possibilities are an overheating CPU (which you said isn't the case), or your power supply is of poor quality. I don't see your PSU mentioned here, so we need that information as well.

Back
Top Bottom