Mandrake Linux Finely

Status
Not open for further replies.

sPlAtOiD

Fully Optimized
I finely got mandrake linux 9,1 to install and now what.Ive got most of my things working.Printer, vid card,cable modem,I know it will take a while to get used to but what im having a problem with is my sound.I have a msi kt4 ultra with on board sound.And cant find any drivers in the mandrake setup files.I know from scanning the forum that some of you are linux freaks so thought this would be a good place to ask for guidence.where can I go to get drivers for things like sound,printers,video updates ect.ect.ect. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Pat S.

Thanks Shan

Thanks for the link. Ive found some other links also but everything helps.Talk about different.I cant seem to install anything like wine or nvidia drivers for linux or anything. But in time Ill have it down.Thanks again Pat S.

Getting Sound to work in Linux is pain. I got Mandrake 9.0 (DOwnloading 9.1 currently). Anyway, if u have on board, it will be a extremely hard thing to get it working. Just try going to the sound settings and chaning around (Threaded sound, ALSA and stuff) Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom