Man that was worth the 140 dollars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullet-X2

Baseband Member
Just went from my standard HP Keyboard and mouse to a Logitech G7 Wireless and a Logitech G15 keyboard. The mouse is so darn responsive. Anybody else got any of these, and what did ya think of em

I'm seriously considering buying these two myself today. My keyboard is a trust one and is about 8 years old, was white now is gray. The mouse was a £5 job from the local electronics store. I really need a new one.

I have heard only good things about the two though.

I personally would have gone with the G5 and the Saitek Gamers Keyboard. But I prefer to be wired up.

Bullet, what do you think of the keyboard? I've been thinking of either the G15 or the Saitek Eclilpse...just can't make up my mind between the two. I hadn't even been thinking about a new mouse...hearing you talk, maybe I should.

i rock the logitech mx518... its sooo butta... on the fly mouse response adjustment, 5 buttons, a dedicated application switch button and a scroll... yummy!

any opinions on the timberwolf keyboard w/ the circular gamepad?

The G15 is great, I also have one. The G7 is not as good as the G5 (because it's wireless), and the G5 is not as good as the MX518 (it has one less button, and there is something else I am forgetting as well). I have a Razer Copperhead mouse, I perfer the shape of razer mice to logitech, I have very small hands.

I just love the feeling of the G5 compared to the MX518. Plus I like the G5's scroll wheel better I think the MX518's scroll wheel is a little too smooth.

I have the G7, the hot new black one :). I love it, very responsive and the 2000dpi is great, but the center click is hard to do without accidently side scrolling and it's minus a forward button.

I would probably get a G15, but my desk just doesn't have enough space for that behemoth. I'll probably end up getting a Saitek Eclipse if I ever upgrade my current keyboard.

NeedAcpu said:
I just love the feeling of the G5 compared to the MX518. Plus I like the G5's scroll wheel better I think the MX518's scroll wheel is a little too smooth.

They both feel identically in shape, movement, and the wheel. I use both very often (my MX518 and my friend's G5), and I can say that the MX518 is better. Why would you ever need to go over 1600dpi? Right now I'm used to playing at 1000dpi default, 600dpi for sniping, and 1200dpi for sensitivity. I leave two of the five settings disabled as I don't really need that much variety in sensitivity.

My friend also have the G15 which is nice, but the only thing I really ever get a good use from is the back-lighting. The LCD doesn't really give any good information other then the time (which I just find it easier to look at the clock). The 18 "G" keys are only useful for games like MMORPGs and are very useless for shooters. I just want to hear how good Saitek's new Eclispse II board which I don't think is out yet.

Yeah I also got the new G7 with the black color. The G15 is a monster, I would take it anyday over the saitek keyboard, not to mention it has 18 new keys thst you can customize. The G15 is wired, but I like wireless mice better, The G7 has the two battery packs which are nice, that way when you run out of one you slide the other one in, and put the other one in the charger. I personally don't like the MX series, the shape is too uncomfortable for my hands. Yeah Nathan, the center click is hard to do, not to mention the scrolling kind of bothers me since the wheel isn't that smooth. And if you're going to get the G15, make sure you have a lot of space, because that thing is huge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom