Man kills motocyclist who followed daughters

Ð88

Fully Optimized
http://www.ajc.com/news/content/met...yclist_0227.html?cxntlid=homepage_tab_newstab

Sheriff: Man killed motorcyclist who followed daughters

Published on: 02/27/08

Bogart — A man is facing a murder charge after authorities say he shot and killed a motorcyclist who followed his daughters home from a department store.

Richard Harold Gear, 45, claimed he was acting in self-defense when he shot Bryan Joseph Mough around 6:45 p.m. Monday as Mough drove his motorcycle past Gear's house, Oconee County Sheriff Scott Berry said.
• More metro and state news

The daughters, ages 17 and 19, had called their father on a cell phone to tell him they were being followed, Berry said. As they arrived home, Gear was waiting at the end of his driveway with a pistol, Berry said.

Mough, 21, drove past the house, turned around and made another pass. Gear fired his .40-caliber semiautomatic gun two or three times, hitting Mough once in the back, Berry said.

Gear called 911 after the shooting, as did neighbors, and sheriff's deputies arrested Gear on a murder charge, Berry said.

"He made an unspecified claim of self-defense," Berry said.

Mough was pronounced dead at a hospital.

Gear's daughters and Mough apparently left the parking lot of a Target in nearby Athens around the same time Monday evening, Berry said. Tempers flared as the drivers headed west toward Bogart.

Gear's daughters told investigators Mough cut them off, they made obscene gestures at him and Mough ran into their car at one point, Sheriff Berry said.

"There is evidence of a collision between Mough's motorcycle and the vehicle operated by Gear's daughters," Berry said, adding authorities do not yet know who initiated contact.

"We've got questions about how it happened," he said.

Investigators went to Target for witnesses and looked at surveillance videos but found nothing to indicate Mough met the girls inside the store or in the parking lot, Berry said.

I have to say it. Only in America.

Lol. Were you the one who posted about the guy who had a friend shoot him so he could avoid a drug test? Where do you get these articles? They're so hilarious yet sad

Thats over reacting a bit. And how can he claim it was self defense if the guy on the bike wasn't even being threatening

That's just sad. Why would you shoot someone, and especially shoot to kill. That will haunt him for the rest of his life.

Yeah the typical american is a complete moron. Sometimes I'm ashamed to be one.
Maybe that guy on the motorcycle deserved to get into some big trouble for what he was doing, but to get killed?

That's just sad. Why would you shoot someone, and especially shoot to kill. That will haunt him for the rest of his life.
You'd be surprised how many people don't feel for whom they've killed when it's intentional killing.

only in america...

^ mmm not so much ^ :confused:

ya that guy's got a problem obviously, if that guy would have gotten off the motorcycle and approached the house, then i would have gotten my shotgun and pointed it at him to tell him to stand down, only would i shoot if he brought out a counter weapon that could injure me or my family

in that situation shooting to kill is not the right answer nor is shooting at all

The USA is a big country, and the media has basically no interest in anything that isn't horrible, which is why you never hear about anything nice these days, at least, not on the news here.

Back
Top Bottom