Making secondary primary?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmg4lktan

Baseband Member
Hi there ...

now ... i would like to make my second partition as my promary partition ... so that i don't have to select to second partition everytime i boot up my PC ...

is this possible with Partition Magic 8 and how? :confused:

Thanks in advance! ;)

Best regards from,
pmg4lktan

you could try loading a command prompt and type
fdisk
i think you should be able to switch which is primary and secondary :)

shan said:
you could try loading a command prompt and type
fdisk
i think you should be able to switch which is primary and secondary :)

Thanks for the suggestion ...

but can you give more detail on how to do it?

i'm worry if i accidentally wipe off the whole HD ...

Thanks in advance! ;)

Best regards from,
pmg4lktan

Open up partition magic.In the window where you see your HD with its different partitions , right click on the one you wish to make Primary.Next , click on convert , then click on "Primary Partition" then Ok . You should first convert the Primary to a secondary partition.Then proceed with the process.Make sure you have an OS installed on the Secondary Partition or else it'll boot into empty space.

well ... thanks ... and i do have Windows XP on secnd partition ...

it won't boot ... i think there's problem with bootlog ...

unfortuantely ... i take fore granted to create rescue disks ...

so i think i'll just back-up everything and format/repartition it ... Thanks ...

Best regards from,
pmg4lktan

Oh no you dont need to do all the crap n waste your time ...just do the changing pri-sec and sec-pri and as you have win xp ....go into setup and choose repair and then use the command FIXMBR and say y for yes and you are done.

Zagadka said:
Oh no you dont need to do all the crap n waste your time ...just do the changing pri-sec and sec-pri and as you have win xp ....go into setup and choose repair and then use the command FIXMBR and say y for yes and you are done.

well ... i can boot to my original Windows XP by installing another over the other partition ...

i think i messed up all things and should do it all over again ... Thanks for your siggestion though ...

Best regards from,
pmg4lktan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom