Making an OS

Hmmm... Tutorial for making an OS :D Depends what you're planning on making in the OS. Kernal, File System, GUI, all, a few, steal a Linux version of one bit and make the rest?

You certainly won't find a Tutorial for making it though; its such a huge thing to do, there is no specific and teachable way of doing it. You'll have to learn serious C++ Coding first.

Lord Kalthorn said:
Lol yeah I get that when I laugh about Linux Randomly :D Writing it all yourself then? 3D GUI?

LOL. Yea we have about 3coders right now including myself and one 3d GUI artist. Were starting from scratch. Fell free to join while availablilty lasts. Offer ends soon!(LOL I love those Honda commercials "Offer ends Soon")

Haha, well I would but I'm more of a Web Programmer.

If you were after making an Operating System based on Software as a Service which has all its programs and personalisation over the Internet then I would be more than happy talking to you about how such a milestone in Technology could be achieved but you're probably just thinking of a normal Computer Operating System with a Browser.

BTW wasnt the windows nt source code illegally put on the wweb? you might find that as part of your os

if it was its not on there anymore :D And the Windows NT Source Code if you did find it would be very bitty, and considering just the Kernal will be in the realms of 10, maybe 15 Million Lines long and then you'll have thousands of other C++ Header Files and Code Bits and Binary Files it would take too long to work out what did what, and what to use, if you did. And even then; its 7 years old at best now.

If you want ot make your own os that has the same power as linux or windows, i'd get quite a few people to help you build it as it is an enormous task. I rekon your best option would be to subscribe to a programers community of some sort, learn C and C++, get a feel of how an os is put together, ie wait a while until your older, get a job with MS$$ on their windows develpoment team or if you can't wait become an open source programmer for linux now. Get some experience of how an os is built by one of the means mentioned above, and then once you know how it all works inside out, then you'll be ready to start.

P.S Grab yourself a copy of Visual Studio.Net or one of the free c++ compilers and get programming

Haha.

Work for Microsoft! Dreamweaver dude has the right idea; that's how you get to work on proper Operating Systems Development Teams.

But yeah seriously - he's got a point - Operating Systems don't just get made; they take years and scores of brilliant developers, hundreds even.

Microsoft would be a good option as I think that they are one of the only computing organisations taking uni graduates striaght on, and teahing them really how to program.

On another note, see LK I'm not a linux fanatic, but take the best of both OS's as they are suited for different things, but still prefer linux

Back
Top Bottom