Making a Gaming Computer (I need help and advice)

mammikoura said:
Since he has a budget of $1500 there is no point in getting an agp card.

This is what I would do:
-I'd get my hands on one of those new intels, E6600 or something like that. (if that's even one of the new models :D)
-Then 2GB of some decent ram (kingston, ocz, mushkin, corsair....)
-Then a good mobo, don't really know much about the mobos for the new intels so I can't help here.
-Then maybe like a 7900GT
-A good quality 500W (or higher) psu, and a nice looking case with some 120mm fans.

When u have the cpu/mobo/vid card/ram picked out then start to look at the rest of the parts.

agreed.

first what i would do is wait until the new graphics cards comes out wiht directx10 on it. if you buy one now you will find in about 7 months you will not be able to play the latest games with full graphics and gizmos enabled. second if you are going for an AMD wait until the end of july as the prices will be dropping and third do not forget to get a good reliable PSU, the amount of people i see buying the best components they can and only getting a 430w PSU that come wiht there case and wondering why there system wont start up or keeps crashing is higher than you would like to think. like kchi55 (EDIT: mammikoura not kchi55) said 500w or over would be idle.

Back
Top Bottom