Major software crash

lewii911

Solid State Member
Ok so about 2 months ago my pc died, it started off by during loading windows it would freeze up and take about 10-20 boot up attemps to actually get to desktop and now it just freezes all the time. Im thinking maybe my OS has died? like maybe ive gotten a worm/virus thats deleted a system file thats needed to boot up. Ive tried re-seating all my cards checking cables etc and still not working. The business i brought the computer from did not give us a vista disc and we didnt relise untill well past to late to get it. Does it sound like i will have to either buy a new OS or take it in to get looked at?

well it use to freeze on shutdown then when i would boot up it would get to the windows loading screen were the little bar runs and it would stop freeze up, i have an acer so i tried the alt+F10 function but it didnt work i even connected up an old keyboard but still nothing, i also tried the F8 hidden option but that also gives me nothing im not really good with computers i just know basics so im quite unsure about command prompts and stuff.

I dont think the keyboard is the problem. How long would it freeze up for? mine would stop for 10 seconds and then go to the normal startup if I press no buttons.

Back
Top Bottom