Maingear Builds

ViktorStagnetti

Beta member
First off I realize building my own computer would be much cheaper so let's skip over that suggestion right off the bat. With tax money coming in I have no problem with shelling out the extra cash just to get it done and over with. Besides its nice to have a warranty to fall back on if things go awry. Basically I'm finally getting a new PC after close to 4 years. My current one is fine except for the fact that it's simply outdated when it comes to next gen gaming. I mean the ol' GTS 250 just isn't DX11 compatible which is kind of a must for now and the future.

I've shopped around numerous custom builders like Falcon NW, Digital Storm, iBUYPOWER, CyberpowerPC, etc. I've read a lot of positive reviews about Maingear especially when it comes to customer service so I thought I'd configure some builds and see what I can work with.

I've narrowed my choice down to 2 and just wanted to get some input on which is the better machine or the better value.

Build #1 - $2,270

Chassis: F131 with VRTX Cooling Technology

Chassis Modification: SilenX 15dB Fan Package (2x120mm, 2x80mm)

Motherboard: Asus® Gryphon Z87 2x SLI/CrossFire

Processor: Intel® Core™ i5 4670K 3.4GHz/3.8GHz Turbo 6MB L3 Cache HD 4600

Processor Cooling: MAINGEAR EPIC 120 Supercooler

Enhanced Thermal Interface Material: MAINGEAR EPIC T1000 Rev2 Metal Alloy Thermal Interface Material

MAINGEAR Redline Overclocking

Memory: 16GB Corsair® Vengeance™ DDR3-1600 1.5V (2x8GB)

Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce™ GTX 770 2GB GDDR5 w/PhysX

Hard Drive Bay One: 1TB Seagate® Barracuda™ 7200rpm 64MB Cache SATA 6G

Hard Drive Bay Two: 250GB Samsung® 840 EVO SSD (w/TRIM) [540MB/s Sequential Reads]

Power Supply: 600W Corsair® Builder Series 80 Plus Certified PSU

Optical Drive One: 8X Dual Layer DVD RW Drive Slot Loading SATA

Audio: Asus® Xonar DGX PCI-Express 5.1 Audio Featuring Dolby Technology

Ethernet Adapter: On-board Gigabit Ethernet

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Angelic Service Warranty: Lifetime Angelic Service Labor and Phone Support with 1 Year Comprehensive Warranty

Special Promotions: FREE! Batman Arkham Origins
Special Promotions: FREE! Call of Duty: Ghosts
Special Promotions: FREE! Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag AND Splinter Cell: Blacklist!

Build #2 - $2,150

Chassis: Potenza with VRTX Cooling Technology

Motherboard: Gigabyte® Z87N-WIFI Featuring 8011.11N Wireless

Processor: Intel® Core™ i5 4670K 3.4GHz/3.8GHz Turbo 6MB L3 Cache HD 4600

Processor Cooling: MAINGEAR EPIC 120 Supercooler

MAINGEAR Redline Overclocking

Memory: 16GB Corsair® Vengeance™ DDR3-1600 1.5V (2x8GB)

Graphics and GPGPU Accelerator: NVIDIA® GeForce™ GTX 780 3GB GDDR5 w/PhysX

Hard Drive Bay One: 1TB Seagate® Barracuda™ 7200rpm 64MB Cache SATA 6G

Hard Drive Bay Two: 250GB Samsung® 840 EVO SSD (w/TRIM) [540MB/s Sequential Reads]

Power Supply: 450W Silverstone ST45SF 80 Plus Gold Certified PSU - GeForce GTX TITAN Approved

Optical Drive One: 8X Dual Layer DVD RW Drive Slot Loading SATA

Ethernet Adapter: On-board Gigabit Ethernet

Wireless Network Adapter: Integrated 802.11b/g/n Wireless - up to 300Mbps!

Bluetooth: Integrated Bluetooth Technology Module

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Angelic Service Warranty: Lifetime Angelic Service Labor and Phone Support with 3 Year Comprehensive Warranty

Special Promotions: FREE! Batman Arkham Origins
Special Promotions: FREE! Call of Duty: Ghosts

I like the second but it I would see if you could upgrade the PS to a higher wattage, It's a great PS just seems low for that build to me anyway. On the first one Corsair DO have great PS but the builder series are there low end ones and not made by the same company as there higher end PS.

Dauntae

I like the second but it I would see if you could upgrade the PS to a higher wattage, It's a great PS just seems low for that build to me anyway. On the first one Corsair DO have great PS but the builder series are there low end ones and not made by the same company as there higher end PS.

Dauntae
Same OEM doesn't mean same quality. You'll get about the same output from both units except the Seasonic won't be sweating it. Sean W here was running a 690 off the Seasonic 550 Gold so their 450 (built better for small form factor) will handle a 780 easy. It's like I always say, quality over quantity.

Back
Top Bottom