Mail in rebates..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jtumble2

In Runtime
Theres a $40 rebate for my gtx260 and I think its worth it. If I cut the upc off the box, that will cause problems for warranties and returns correct? I scanned my upc but the barcodes get kind of messed up.. Does anyone here know a good method of getting a rebate without screwing up the warranties? I really dont want to cut the upc off my box

No, cutting the box doesn't void your warranty. Just write the numbers down just in case and keep it with the receipt. The barcodes are just "bars" that represent the UPC numbers so that a line scanner can read them

If you have a camera... take a picture of yourself with the box (barcodes facing up and the receipt) That would be hilarious if they doubted you for a second and then BOOM... plop down a photo of your face with the box and receipt.. lol

I was kinda joking... but cool :) stick it to the man! But, in the politest way possible

Theres a $40 rebate for my gtx260 and I think its worth it. If I cut the upc off the box, that will cause problems for warranties and returns correct? I scanned my upc but the barcodes get kind of messed up.. Does anyone here know a good method of getting a rebate without screwing up the warranties? I really dont want to cut the upc off my box

Cutting up for your box will not void your warranty. However the people that you have sent your rebate too will know the exact date when you purchased your item, therefore you will not be able to do any thing about fugding warranty after it's expired.

Believe me, I have managed to fudge an extra 4 months on the my last notebook.

I know he was kidding but when i though about it i was like, i dont wanna get screwed out of $280. dude thats awsome about the warranty thing, did you just photoshop numbers on the purchase date on the receipt or somethin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom