Magnet+comp = uhoh

Status
Not open for further replies.
PLEASE NOTE, that there is a POSSIBILITY that this will only make the problem WORSE, so try it at your own risk... I won't be held accountable if you mess it up more...

Funny topic.... my little borther messed up one of my junko monitors years ago with a magnet... Degaussing didn't help any... I found that a CORDED telephone didn't have a very stong magnet, but it was able to take a little bit of it out, and it wasn't NEARLY as noticable... I don't remember which end of it did it, but you have to pass it by the spot, a few centimeters away from the monitor....

I never had a junko monitor so degaussing always worked and fixed it..

But the above solution is DEFINETLY getting a bookmark....

That's interesting.

I remember I scrwed up a laptop by playing with a magnet.. I think. Not really sure, but the screen was broken, and I didn't really care abotu the laptop so I decided to not fix it.

I used to hold my knife to my monitor because it made it look all weird. But one time I held it there for a minute and it stayed that way. So I freaked out and turned it off then back on, but it didn't help. However, a degaus worked.

i had that prob before, leaving a hd magnet on my desk once. i put the monitor on its front for the night, and when i woke up, and re hooked it up, it worked right again. matter afact, im writing to you thru that monitor right now...lol, hope it helps,(o and peeps, deguass works for having two monitros side my side taht get the flicker, if u got dual monitors u no wat i mean)

I once saw a neat trick you can do using a powerful magnet on the end of a power drill. As a matter of fact it went something like this:
That works good I did it before to a friends monitor. Should of seen the look on his face lol. Just leave it off for a day and it should be fine if it isnt that bad. I never heard of the leaving it on its side thing what would make that work any different?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom