Mafia 2 System Requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
This has got to be a joke. Minimum is fine, Reccomended is fine. But if you want PhysX and APEX (cloth simulation) you need a Core i7, GTX480 and a GTX285 for PhysX :crazy::confused::cry::dead:
I was planning on running this game in 3D aswell. According to that if i put everything on high in 3D i should expect about 10fps (20fps without 3d)

MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP (SP2 or later) / Windows Vista / Windows 7
Processor: Pentium D 3Ghz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 3600+ (Dual core) or higher
RAM: 1.5 GB
Video Card: nVidia GeForce 8600 / ATI HD2600 Pro or better
Hard Disc Space: 8 GB
Sound Card: 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
Peripherals: Keyboard and mouse or Windows compatible gamepad

RECOMMENDED SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP (SP2 or later) / Windows Vista / Windows 7
Processor: 2.4 GHz Quad Core processor
RAM: 2 GB
Video Card: nVidia GeForce 9800 GTX / ATI Radeon HD 3870 or better
Hard Disc: 10 GB
Sound Card: 100% DirectX 9.0c compliant card
Peripherals: Keyboard and mouse or Windows compatible gamepad

PHSYX/APEX ENHANCEMENTS SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP (SP2 or later) / Windows Vista / Windows 7 Minimum Processor: 2.4 GHz Quad Core processor
Recommended Processor: 2.66 GHz Core i7-920 RAM: 2 GB

Video Cards and resolution: APEX medium settings
Minimum: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 (or better) for Graphics and a dedicated NVIDIA 9800GTX (or better) for PhysX
Recommended: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 (or better)

Video Cards and resolution: APEX High settings
Minimum: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 (or better) and a dedicated NVIDIA 9800GTX (or better) for PhysX
Recommended: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 for Graphics and a dedicated NVIDIA GTX 285 (or better) for PhysX NVIDIA GPU driver: 197.13 or later.
NVIDIA PhysX driver: 10.04.02_9.10.0522. Included and automatically installed with the game.

those some high physX requirments... These aren't official I herd though. These are as recommended by NVIDIA..

hahaha recommended by NVIDIA, because their going to tell you the honest truth and not flotheir flagship cards.:tongue:

But me thinks this gal is getting on, my single HD4870 won't cut it with PhysX on let alone this APEX which...which I'd never heard of. I'll probably not upgrade for a little while yet as RTS games are more my thing. Will have to start saving though me thinks..though my Q6600 at 3.2ghz might bottleneck the most powerful cards...

This made me think my video card is rather paltry.. I died a little inside :( :tongue:

Nvidia just wants you to buy some new cards... Got 2 months to see if these are legit or not. I think they will be lowered.

Unfortunately i dont think nvidia are going to overshoot the mark that much. They might lower the reccomended to GTX470 and 9800gt for PhysX if anything, but i really dont expect anything wildly different.

I also don't think they will lie that much. If i remember correctly the guy in the Mafia 2 PhysX vid does clearly say "The GTX4xx cards have gave us the ability to bring physx to a whole new level.." or something along them lines, asif to say only Fermi cards are powerful enough. It seems they are, but to a ridiculous extent. Ofcourse nvidia probably told him to say that, but they may of also forced them to make the game only work well on Fermi cards, it would hardly be shocking if they did.

edit:

How did we decide those PhysX requirements are from nVidia ? they are posted with the rest of the requirements on the official mafia2 website with no mention of nvidia.

Read them somewhere else. I will look for the article. But either way I believe my GTX260 in SLI will be fine and I should be able to play on High Settings. I guess we will see ;)

Nvidia said you needed a GTX480 and a 920 for Metro2033 on very high with PhysX which was bull. In DX10 Very High with an Asus PhysX card i played Metro2033 without a hitch. I wouldnt look to much into any system requirements Nvidia has laid their hands on because they are just trying to sell their overpriced cards and crappy PhysX API.

Nvidia said you needed a GTX480 and a 920 for Metro2033 on very high with PhysX which was bull. In DX10 Very High with an Asus PhysX card i played Metro2033 without a hitch. I wouldnt look to much into any system requirements Nvidia has laid their hands on because they are just trying to sell their overpriced cards and crappy PhysX API.

**** I had PhysX on with Metro 2033, High settings, 1680x1050 resolution, my single HD4870 512mb and Q6600 at 3ghz had no issues, very high was another ball-game, too much screen tearing really, so I didn't bother with that.

I'll have to see when it comes to Mafia 2..I might just cope with this rig until some time next year and make a totally new one, rather then bothering saving up for the latest graphics card in the Autumn. I generally only play RTS anyway, and shooters if they're sci-fi related. Obviously RTS's give it no problem, Crysis and Warhead were fine on High.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom