made up Nvidia GTR 500x6 (imaginary)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tastegw

Inspired by Art
this is my best guess as to one of the next (years from now i think) generation of video cards.
taking up 4 or more slots, made like a box-slot instead of single or dual slot
cooling would be simple with intake/exhaust style static pressure air cooling.

the specs i made up are totally bogus lol.

what do you guys think the shape of future generation video cards would be?
oldegg.jpg

you can take this idea even further, ....

would require a new form factor case. ATXx2 (made up again)
where the case is divided into 2 seperate compartments, kind of like some of todays watercooling cases.

there the bottom half of the case has its own power supply and is entirely just the video card. and the top section of the case is the motherboard and the rest of the usual stuff.

sorry, i got bored lol.
your thoughts.

Cant image what sort of glorious fail train this would turn out to be if multi GPU drivers are anything like todays....

I remember aroudn 4 years ago, gpus where getting to a point where they used so much power, some manufactures added a plug onto the card for an ac-dc adapter that sat outsid of the case, todays cards seem more efficient, but yea, as big as they have gotten lately, it is getting kinda sad, I couldn't fit one of todays top end cards in my case, and I have a rather big case.

if they want to keep selling dual gpu cards, they have to get it right some time or another.

and once they get it right, they would start selling more of them and making more money.

The 9800GX2 was an amazing card....lots of people have no idea what they are talking about and what to blame user error on drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom