Made my final list of parts. What do you guys think?

nice case. cpu si so-so i would rather go with athlon 64 instead, but your comp... psu is awesome. ram is good. hard drive would be more effective if you got 2 and set up raid(but your choice). burner is ok. windows is ok. if your gonna use media center you should use a graphics card like ATI all in wonder 9600xt or 9800 pro. but a 6600 GT is a good choice. too bad youre not using a athlon 64 3500+ or FX series, cuz you can get the nForce4 chipset mobos that support SLI then you can get 2 6600GT's and set them up in SLI config. that would be awesome.

what about the HD. I wanted the raptor bc of how fast it was. What do you recomend? I want to have a nice HD setup. I was going to get a bigger one soon after I bought the raptor.

Dustin

well you probably wont need such fast transfer rates, but if your a speed demon you should get it. its just ive heard that they run alot more efficiently of you use atleast 2 of them in RAID 0. but of course these are all my opinions, and its your comps so its your call...:)

if i were you get one raptor first, then later get another one and set up raid 0, with them...

I just do alot of video editing. It sucks waiting for things to load. But the fast HD i have ever had is 5400 rpms. What do you mean by raid 0? What would be another route that would be good besides the raptor?

Dustin

nice pc yer athlon is better but thts goner cost u about $1300. well i am hoping to get dual proc motherbored, and 2 amd 64bit our fx 3500+ and 3g ddr2 props dam my pc is goner b hot with 300g HDD.

and when the next grachics card comes out that will be on my list hoping to spend about $4000 on it somet like thats i dont no it will be dont by just about next year ill tell u guys when it gets done. gd luk on your new pc.

SuperDust22 said:
I just do alot of video editing. It sucks waiting for things to load. But the fast HD i have ever had is 5400 rpms. What do you mean by raid 0? What would be another route that would be good besides the raptor?

Dustin

ohh well a regular 7,500rpm hard drive should suit your needs...

alvino wouldnt that AMD setup cost me alot more than the intel set i thave listed. I am not huge into games. ANd do you have a link to some other speed nice HDs.

Dustin

BTW I still dont know what raid 0 means.

Back
Top Bottom