Made MVP for my 3rd year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KSoD

Call me Mak or K, Mod Emeritus
Alright i know that a few people here have heard this mentioned. Some dont know about it so here it is.

I am and have been a Microsoft MVP for Windows Desktop Experience.

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

That is the main website. Read up a bit if you want to know more.

Now to become a MVP you must be nominated and even after that there is no guarantee that you will get it. From what i recently discovered only 5,000 people world wide receive this award from Microsoft.

I happen to be 1 of them.

I first got the award back in April of 2007 and have since been serving the MVP community and several others. Like this one, with my knowledge.

With it i have access to material that is not normally available to people. This is one of the benefits. I can access areas of Microsoft that are not available to everyone. It is often a place that i get some of my resources for the answers i post to questions brought up.

My award itself is the Desktop Experience Award which focuses on what else. The desktop and user experience. Which is why it seems like i am such a geek at times when it comes to Windows questions.

Now some may ask things like how did i get this knowledge or award?

Well i can answer both right now. I was nominated myself. I guess. I dont have a answer cause that is confidential information only held by the MVP Lead. To this day i still dont know if or who nominated me. I just know that one day i was contacted by the MVP Lead and shortly after that i was accepted into the program.

As for how i got my knowledge, that is tough. I have worked with Windows since its early days. I started with Windows back in Win 3.1 and have been with every version since. I still have old copies of Windows 1.01 up to and including Windows 7 on CD's and DVD's everywhere in my PC Room.

With that almost all of my knowledge comes from hands on experience. I do read many books about Windows, the ins and outs and such, but mainly it is from my personal experience working within Windows itself that i know what i know.

I have crashed and burned more times doing so many different things in Windows it would make your heads spin. I have had days where i would be at the PC for up to 36 hours straight crashing and reinstalling Windows over and over. Just trying out different things i have seen or read about on the internet.

So with that i just wanted to let people know and kinda understand why it seems that i am regarded as the Windows Guru by many. I do many things for Microsoft. I have been invited to Redmond to do live talks and to be a speaker myself on different subjects. I am a Beta tester for many different products of Microsoft. Most recently Vista SP2 and Windows 7.

But that is not the only ones. I have also done Office 2007, OneCare, Windows Live Messenger and many, many more.

I know that by now you are reading this and thinking "Wow is he bragging or what"

That is not my intent. But i do wish that everyone knows and understands that i am a Microsoft MVP and that your thoughts and ideas are heard by someone who does give input back to Microsoft on what you think about the products and what you think can and should be changed. I have submitted information to the developers many times on suggestions from people of this site and many others.

Now i say that not to get this thread turned into a suggestion thread of what you wish to see changed with all of Microsofts products either.

My main point of this is to show you that i do work hard at what i do. With that being said as well i do not blindly defend Microsoft or their tactics with what they do. I do not fully agree with them at all. I do not think that Microsoft or Windows is the best thing since sliced bread. Nor will i.

I have used Linux and am going to be working in BSD very soon as well. I have tried others but always revert back to Windows cause i know it way too much.

So just know that i am here to help. I am here to listen. While i may go off on people for a bash they take at Vista or Win7 it isnt because of my position with Microsoft. That is all me. The MVP is a independent expert.

So you can all start in on your uber geek comments now and such. I just wanted to let people know and hopefully understand me a bit more when i give answers to Windows topics.

In that sense the adjustment to my sig image (Done solely by CarnageX, much props for it mate) is because of my 3rd year as a MVP. The Joker images all represent my years as a MVP. It has been a long process to become a MVP and a even longer one to keep it. I have to make this year even better than the last to make it 4 years.

End of story....

You vast knowledge is amazing and a huge asset to TF.
Thank you for sharing it with us.

bear_applause_cuddlecards.gif

I am in awe of your excellence :eek: Tech-Forums just wouldn't be the same without you.

Mak is a freaking genius when it comes to MS windows, there have been times where I beat my head into the wall at 4am dealing with a system for a customer that needs to go back to the client in a few hours time and he has said try this and in a few steps I have got it fixed.

username: admin
password: password123

Muahahahahahaha! The world is MINE!

As my first act of world ruler, I shall change the Windows Dominationz password.

The password shall now be: qwerpoiu.

EDIT: Oh crap.... I just showz you all zee password! I change it and not tell!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom