Macbook 13.3" HDD Upgrade

rohan23

Fully Optimized
I'm looking to upgrade my Macbook 160GB hard drive to something larger. I'm looking for a minimum of 500GB. I do have a few questions before purchasing a new hard drive.

1. Will there be a noticeable increase in sound?
2. Will there be a noticeable increase in heat?
3. Will there be a noticeable decrease in battery life?

I'm looking to upgrade my Macbook 160GB hard drive to something larger. I'm looking for a minimum of 500GB. I do have a few questions before purchasing a new hard drive.

1. Will there be a noticeable increase in sound?
2. Will there be a noticeable increase in heat?
3. Will there be a noticeable decrease in battery life?

It really depends on what hd you buy... a 5400 rpm hd probably would be the same speed as your other one if it is also 5400 rpm.. It probably wont decrease battery life.. i dont believe heat would increase noticibly...
P.S. if you want to sell it i would be intrested....

It's a Western Digital Blue 5,400RPM. This one is actually faster. The sustained write and read speed is considerably faster. The 7,200RPM one wasn't much faster in everyday usage. Programs did open up about a few seconds faster and boot time was quicker. But, other than that, it was pretty much useless for me. There is a huge issue with heat and 7,200RPM drives. It does decrease battery like by a good bit too since the drive spins more every minute.

What exactly are you interested in buying? The 160GB hard drive?

Back
Top Bottom