Mac to PC problem

niceties55

Daemon Poster
I have some big files (4gig and up) And I need help on how to transfer tem from my MAC to my PC. I have a 250gig HD BUT the problem is, I cant see my formatted HD.

If it is a PC formatted HD, then i can only view the files, i cant put anything on the HD!

Is there a way to do this, what is a universal format that can be read by both Mac and PC, AND put more than 4gig files at a time??

Thanks a lot!

you need to be more specific, which was the pc the files are on and bieng transfered to, what was formatted, and what is the file extension ofthe files you are trying to transfer?

They are on the Mac computer formatted to the mac HFS format and Windows cant read it! IS there another way to transfer the files?

clean off your hard drive and format it with fat32. MAC OS doesn't like NTFS file system.

clean off your hard drive and format it with fat32. MAC OS doesn't like NTFS file system.

FAT32 has the above mentioned file size limits.

IT IS possible to write to an NTFS drive using a mac, you just need a special driver. Also, their's HFS+ drivers for Windows as well.

Back
Top Bottom