low buck EASY password manager

XWrench3

Daemon Poster
I find myself forgetting passwords at an almost alarming rate nowadays. part stress, part age, and partly because I have changed so many passwords in the last 6 - 8 months that many would struggle to remember all of them. I don't absolutely NEED free, but it does have to be reasonably priced (or free) since we are on a miniscule fixed income. I unfortunately know that there are many traps on the web, so i do not think just typing into a search engine and randomly picking out one is safe at all. so I am coming here asking for recommendations of what you folks use. besides inexpensive, it NEEDS to be easy to use for who has zero formal training, and fairly low level computer / software skills.

Oh, i will need to run this across 3 computers and an android phone. i think that can be done, but i'm not really sure how to do it.

Firefox comes with a password manager built in, and you can use Firefox on your Android phone and sync your browser settings/passwords to or from your pc.
Edit: all of your devices will need the same Firefox account in order to sync all the data. Google's Chrome or Microsoft's Edge may do this option also, but I can not state that because I do not use those browsers

Last edited:
As stated from Joe, password managers built in in browsers like Firefox or Chrome are probably the easiest option. If you are logged in, they automatically sync the data. If you don't like the idea of storing your passwords somewhere in the cloud, you can choose a local option. There are some great open source tools, like KeePass, but then you have to synchronize your data manually.

Back
Top Bottom