Lost Wireless Connection Icon

jonmchugh

Beta member
Hi guys, I'm new here. I have a home network set up at my house that I set up through my laptop but unfortunately it broke. So I have my wife's laptop it's a older Gateway running Windows XP. I upgraded to SP3 and ever since then I can't get back on my wifi connection.

When I go into my network connections the wireless connection icon is there. The lan connection is there but that's all I see. I go into the device manager thingy and I don't see the other option tab with yellow question marks on it. I went into the bios and made sure all the settings were set to default. I don't know how to get it back. I've looked all over the web for an answer because her laptop is our only computer at the moment. THanks.

Is there a switch to turn the wireless on/off? It could be a hardware switch on the outside of the laptop or a software switch by pressing FN and one of the F-keys.

My wife's laptop is a gateway mx 6445. I recently upgraded to service pack 3 still running windows xp. I went into my network connections and theree is no wireless connection option. It says I'm connected to some LAN thing but here is no wireless option.

I made sure the wireless radio is on by pressing fn f2 to turn the radio on. I go into device manager and under the network controller there are two options with yellow question marks so I'm assuming that I'm missing the wireless drivers?? Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom