lost sound need help

sammytheman

In Runtime
Hey fellas I have lost sound in my pc. My speakers do work but there is no sound icon in the taskbar. Any advice would be very appreciate4d. Thanx.

what kind of sound card do u have? because you need to find out what it is and go to the manufacturers website to download the driver. after that it should work

Either that or maybe the system volume is muted.
Start > Programs > Accessories > Entertainment > Volume Control

Once my cousin muted it on my computer when I wasn't looking and it took me a week to figure out what was wrong...

i guarentee its driver related. I have a asus a8n-sli deluxe, and this is a common problem with me, i just reinstall every other day with the generic AC97 drivers that are on my computer, and everything is all good. At first i thought it was my board, but it wasnt. So its something with windoze. I hope you get your audio STR8!

I have built-in sound card. My mobo is DFI Lanparty. When I go to Control Panel, Sounds and Audio Devices, under the Volume tab it says "No Audio Device" When I double click the volume icon in taskbar I get a message saying "There are no active mixer devices available. To install mixer devices, go to Control Panel, click Printers and Other Hardware, and then click Add Hardware. This program will now close." I know I have sound because when my pc starts, I hear that sound but when I play a song in real player for example I get "Cannot oper the audio device.Another application may be using it. More info is available at the RealNetworks Customer Support Website." I re-installed my Realtek sound driver by the way.

you could have just messed with 'msconfig' and disabled it. I did that once and couldnt fix the volume for nearly a year. To check to see if its disabled go to

Start:
Run:
Type in- MSCONFIG:
go to startup and check there for or go to services.

check in the bios to see if it got disabled since you said you already installed the driver, and also check in device manager and see if you have the yellow "?" on your audio device.

Back
Top Bottom