Lost Planet Extreme Conditions offline?

Ok, for one, get some kinda mobile broadband like sprint if you dont think anything better will be around soon. I have Lost planet too, and the first update is around 300mbs, and its supposed, to work offline, but mine, just gives me an error, saying "Game currently unavailable" and I cant get it too work. But maybe if you let it download the patch it will work for you.
I was thinking about getting the razor1911 version, lol, cause my retail version wont work.

Ok, for one, get some kinda mobile broadband like sprint if you dont think anything better will be around soon. I have Lost planet too, and the first update is around 300mbs, and its supposed, to work offline, but mine, just gives me an error, saying "Game currently unavailable" and I cant get it too work. But maybe if you let it download the patch it will work for you.
I was thinking about getting the razor1911 version, lol, cause my retail version wont work.

Will it even work online if say I take my computer down to my grandparents house and hook there cable up to my computer to download the patch. Would I be able to bring it back here and even be able to log onto a server by dial up if I get the same offline error? Just to play story mode wouldn't even attempt to play multiplayer on dial up.

The patch will allow you to play story mode offline, so yea, if you take it to your grandparents and do that, it should work. Try it, and hopefully you wont get the same message I did.

Yeah, Lost Planet is tied in with Steam. Nothing wrong with that. Capcom clearly states in it's system requirements that the game needs high-speed broadband. It's your loss if you didn't read that or heed that statement.

Woot finally after four and a half days downloads I got the patch updated! :) Roughly 10hrs a day while I was home. Plays fine in offline mode after you get that patch in. Freaking sweet didn't think it would play as good cause I had been hearing DX10 was bogging down cards. I've got my settings maxed @ 1280X768 and probally average around 45FPS without running the game with overclocked gpu settings.

Curious for those out there you guys using the Xbox360 controller with this game? I tried it at first with the keyboard to make sure it was working then after 1 quick game I decided to plug in the 360 controller and play with that. So much better IMO plus it supports force feedback! :) i'm happy 4 days of downloading on dial up 10 hrs a day was worth it!

Nice to hear you got it working. :)

Yeah, some of the Xbox 360 games that got ported are nice with the Xbox 360 controller. I think I'd do that with Gears of War when it comes on PC. :)

Ya I was glad to get everything up and running. I hope future games are designed around the Xbox360 controller. Thanks to Microsoft for getting into the console games and developing a controller that is interchangable between console and PC we might finally have a standardized controller for the computer. Much better than the control MK to mimick the keyboard.

Here's a few DX10 screenshots. Figures I had fraps set to record a screenshot every 10 seconds but do you think i'd get one shot with a bomb or grenade lancher going off. I'll probally just set it to record later and get some better shots. I'll post them up in the game screen shots though.

This is by far the most taxing game i've got for my computer so far!

LostPlanetenergy.jpg

LostPlanetSnowshot.jpg

LostPlanetsnowspider.jpg

turn off motion blur.

nice!!!!! too bad its such a short story. oh and this is why third person pwns first person!

Back
Top Bottom