Lost Jumper

Bahawolf1

Fully Optimized
I was taking the jumper off of my CD Drive and it popped somewhere and unless I find it, which I doubt it, I'll need to buy some more jumpers.

I've searched NewEgg for jumpers, radioshack, ect. and no avail..
Any clue where to get one of these jumpers?

EDIT: I've found the jumper.. (thank god).. so its good now, thank you.

Do you have an old motherboard or spare drive laying around. Whenever I get ready to trash something I always strip it down for any little parts like that. just about any electronic supply store should carry them.
http://www.directron.com/screws.html
They used to include a couple of them in this bag of goodies and if you look at the middle right edge you will see the top of a black one there.

Whew...

Nice you found it but you can avoid things like that happening. A small pair of needle nosed pliers works wonders. $5.00USD Wal-mart.
As for spares visit a computer repair shop and snarf a few. Also if you know any one that does electronic security, they normallly have those jumpers by the box loads. Then using some duct tape, tape them to the bottom of the inside of the computer case.

Ive got some long nosed tweeser pliers, really useful, another tip, tape the drive covers from your case on the bottom inside the case because they then are there is you want to sell the case in the future.

In my computer tool kit I have one of those screwdrivers with a cap on the end and the handle is hollow that you can put stuff in, I keep extra screws and jumpers and stuff in there.

Back
Top Bottom